BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 17, 2012 5:49 am  #1

Harry Potter

This also links to books, I guess, who has read all the books, seen all the films? If so which is you favourite book, which your favourite film, if you have one that is.

I'm guessing Dr. Sherlock's might be The Chamber of Secrets.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 17, 2012 8:38 am  #2

Re: Harry Potter

Me!!
I love the books and have seen all the films.
Between the books, I think my favorite would be The Goblet of Fire, between the films, Prisoner of Azkaban and Deathly Hallows part 1.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 17, 2012 1:54 pm  #3

*raise my hand like Hermione* me! me! me!

:D

the most favorite book is : the third book! The Prisoner of Azkaban (the first meeting Harry and Sirius Black).
and about the movie : Sorcerer's stone :D and Deadly Hallows part 1 & 2.

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

May 22, 2012 10:10 pm  #4

I've read all of the books.   took me 4  days  just to read Deathly Hallows. I stood in line for 5  hours,  at  midnight at Barnes and Noble, to get that book.   I  still can't believe I did that,  but that was my  FIRST  experience doing that.  It  was  fun  to see all the costumes.  Alas,  my  book was not one of the 1st editions, sorry.   

My  fav book and movie  in this series  is  Goblet of Fire.   Why?  because it was totally unexpected that Harry was chosen as one of the champions.   (Also  because David Tennant  played evil  Barty Crouch jr  so....evilly!!)  I  loved the maze,  the special effects,  the funny hats at the world cup--  and of course the magical tents.   Oh,  and Robert Pattinson  (Cedric)  was a dream.  Need I say more?   

Oh,  yes.....I  was introduced to the HP  series thru a friend,  when we both went to see Prizoner Of Azkaban movie.  THEN   I  started  reading the books  from the beginning and then I got the movies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 2, 2012 3:07 pm  #5

Hi guys,

Herry Potter is my favorite movie.this movie is world best movie.this movie character is very amazing and hardworking.

June 18, 2012 9:08 am  #6

My favorite book: it's a tie between Goblet of Fire and Prisoner of Azkaban.
I am a fan of Sirius (and Gary Oldman) so that makes PoA my favorite movie from the lot.

If you could join a house in Hogwarts, what would you choose?
I did a lot of online quizzes and always ended up in Gryffindor. If not Gryffindor, I'd like to be in Slytherin

Last edited by jimella (June 18, 2012 9:09 am)

June 18, 2012 9:41 am  #7

jimella wrote:

My favorite book: it's a tie between Goblet of Fire and Prisoner of Azkaban.
I am a fan of Sirius (and Gary Oldman) so that makes PoA my favorite movie from the lot.

If you could join a house in Hogwarts, what would you choose?
I did a lot of online quizzes and always ended up in Gryffindor. If not Gryffindor, I'd like to be in Slytherin

I love Gary Oldman too.. what a man, and what an actor

In all the quizzes I've always been sorted in Slytherin... but I would be a good Slytherin (not a Malfoy at least). And I am a Slytherin in Pottermore...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 18, 2012 9:44 am  #8

My favourite book is The Prisoner of Azkaban and my favourite movie, well, I guess the 2nd part of The Deathly Hallows.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 18, 2012 11:03 am  #9

Irene Adler wrote:

I love Gary Oldman too.. what a man, and what an actor ...

I know what you mean. I love him in all his movies. My friends wouldn't believe me when I told them that "Gordon" (in the Dark Knight) was "Sirius" and they were like, "no, they're different people.". Haha. That's how good he is. He just melts into any role easily.

Irene Adler wrote:

In all the quizzes I've always been sorted in Slytherin... but I would be a good Slytherin (not a Malfoy at least). And I am a Slytherin in Pottermore...

Me too. If I were in Slytherin, I'd be nice. Maybe 80-90% of the time :D Not all the time, though.

June 18, 2012 1:17 pm  #10

You cannot be nice and in Slytherin. It's just not...right!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 18, 2012 1:40 pm  #11

Davina wrote:

You cannot be nice and in Slytherin. It's just not...right!

Oooh, Davina... don't say that... I am nice! And professor Snape was... well, maybe not nice, but he was professor Snape

June 19, 2012 2:53 am  #12

sometimes I  get sorted into gryffindor,    sometimes it's Hufflepuff.    Ravenclaw,  maybe,  but I'm too nice and not cunning enough to be put into Slytherin.   

So--  I  have a question--for those of us who have read ALL the books,   which Sorting Hat Song is your favorite?   Mine  is the GOF one,  because it  tells us where the founders of Hogwarts were from.   

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 19, 2012 6:47 am  #13

Ah, I think I forgot all the songs, except for the very first one, when Ron and Harry were in their first year.

June 20, 2012 7:40 pm  #14

I'm a huge fan and of course I have read all the books and watched all the movies
I couldn't say which one is my favourite, though.
I'm a big fan of the Marauders so of course I love all the scenes that involve them.
I used to not like the third movie (as a whole) until I became a Tennant fan...
oh, and the 19 years later... I still think the book would have been much better without that.
What still bothers me is that J.K. Rowling killed of like... all of my favourite characters! I like to just pretend they haven't died. 

Last edited by Sammy (June 20, 2012 7:41 pm)

June 20, 2012 10:49 pm  #15

I know what you mean about killing favorite characters.
Even Dobby...I couldn't get over Dobby.

June 21, 2012 3:07 am  #16

I don't think any of us will ever get over Dobby.

June 21, 2012 5:25 am  #17

Davina wrote:

This also links to books, I guess, who has read all the books, seen all the films? If so which is you favourite book, which your favourite film, if you have one that is.

I'm guessing Dr. Sherlock's might be The Chamber of Secrets.

How long  would it have taken them to find the entrance to COS?  it took Harry almost all year.   

the 4th movie was my favorite because of david Tennant.   I  might just sit down this weekend and watch it over again.   

Yeah....they killed Dobby,  he was my  favorite house-elf.   Winky  and Kreacher  I liked,  and Hokey,   but Dobby,  in his tea cozy outfit,  was my favorite.   'Here lies Dobby, a free Elf'    that touched me deeply.   awwwww.   

We're lucky they didn't kill off Arthur  Weasley  in OOTP.   But  yeah,  I was so  surprised when JKR killed off Dumbly-dor.   I  didn't see that one coming at all.   In my  heart tho,  he's still alive.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 21, 2012 5:39 am  #18

Oooh, it's like picking a child. I love The Half-Blood Prince, parts of Deathly Hallows (The Prince's Tale still guts me), and of course Prisoner of Azkaban.

It's weird... I had no intention of turning into an anglophile, but after my Austen phase came HP and now Sherlock... doesn't take a consulting detective to deduce a pattern.

June 21, 2012 8:23 am  #19

If I remember correctly, didn't JKR said she originally planned to kill off Arthur Weasley? Then she decided against it, but one of the Weasleys had to go...

June 21, 2012 12:25 pm  #20

I thought Prisoner of Azkaban was a terrific film. Apart from Dobby's death I was so sad at the death of Sirius Black and thought the scene with Luna's father in the last film was very sad and touching too.

Board footera