BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 10, 2012 11:31 pm  #1

Things we will never know but are curious about

Right from the first show, I have always wondered:

What the heck did Mr Hudson do to be executed in Florida?
And why did she want Sherlock to ensure it happened?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 11, 2012 7:33 am  #2

Re: Things we will never know but are curious about

He cheated on her it was in the book

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

February 11, 2012 7:53 am  #3

Ohh, must have missed that bit. Thanks

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 11, 2012 8:07 pm  #4

Really, wow cool. Which story is that in?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 12, 2012 8:53 pm  #5

Who was the marksman throughout The Great Game?
Why did the little girl scream when she saw Sherlock in The Reichenbach Fall?
How did he get rid of the man he was fighting in The Sign of Four before John got back with the shopping? Or got back without the shopping actually.
How did Jim Moriarty know the boy swimmer Carl who he murdered?
Who put the bug in their flat in 221b Baker Street and what did Sherlock do with it once he found it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 13, 2012 3:43 am  #6

Not sure we ever know who the marksman is, but I'd assume from the originals it may eventuate that he was a guy called Sebastian Moran. He was Moriarty's right hand man in the canon & became a villain in his own right after Moriarty's demise.

The little girl screaming has not been explained as yet. Some think Moriarty wore a mask.
I tend to believe that as she had been poisoned with mercury, she was hallucinating (a symptom of such poisoning) and the mere suggestion by way of a photo could have been all it took for her to believe Sherlock was 'the bad guy'.

The guy he was fighting? He's Sherlock, he can do anything. He didn't kill the guy (he said he sent a message back), so he probably bundled him out the window or something equally helpful to get the man on his way.

Carl Powers was poisoned by Moriarty, at some stage he said it was because Carl laughed at him. What other reason does a budding psychopath need?

The bug was put in presumably by the 'bad guy' sniper with all the tattoos as he was doing work in the house. I'd guess Moriarty asked him to do it. It has intrigued me as to what Sherlock did with it afterwards, but he didn't have much time to do anything really, darn coppers came and arrested him. Although there was time between when Lestrade left the first time & then came back, we didn't see Sherlock go anywhere.

Last edited by kazza474 (February 13, 2012 4:23 am)

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

February 13, 2012 4:56 am  #7

Going by the numbers of laser points in the pool scene, there must have been more than one marksman.

The bug - could Sherlock possibly have it adjusted somewhere at his graveside? That would mean he was able to hear John's soliloqui. Somehow I'd like this thought...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 13, 2012 10:58 am  #8

Well there were 3 snipers for the final scenes of the fall, so it stands to reason he'd have a few anyway. All budding criminals.

As for the bug & wanting to hear John, I think that's a little too sentimental. He 'died' he didn't change character.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

February 16, 2012 10:54 pm  #9

In the court scene in Reichenbach... the judge asks Sherlock if he can go for one minute without showing off (or something along those lines), and he takes a breath and opens his mouth as if to speak - then it instantly cuts to him getting thrown in a jail cell - I've always wondered what it was he went onto say then, and what it was that got him into trouble...an analysis of the judge himself perhaps, with maybe something embarrassing like exposing an affair he was having or something??

February 27, 2012 11:24 pm  #10

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

In the court scene in Reichenbach... the judge asks Sherlock if he can go for one minute without showing off (or something along those lines), and he takes a breath and opens his mouth as if to speak - then it instantly cuts to him getting thrown in a jail cell - I've always wondered what it was he went onto say then, and what it was that got him into trouble...an analysis of the judge himself perhaps, with maybe something embarrassing like exposing an affair he was having or something??

Oh, I really like that idea. 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

February 28, 2012 1:43 am  #11

Oh I cannot believe you would think Sherlock would say such a thing!!??

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

February 28, 2012 12:01 pm  #12

Perhaps I've missed something but, why did the guy who is found dead in the boot of the car near the start of Scandal not make the flight he was supposed to be on? Presumably this was another flight of the dead so how comes he didn't make it. Is this explained & have I just missed it?

How does DI Lestrade explain about the loss of his police IDs, that Sherlock keeps pick-pocketing from him?

How does Sherlock know that Lestrade's wife is having an affair with a PE teacher?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 28, 2012 1:47 pm  #13

Lestrade must know that it's Sherlock who keeps stealing them!

Good one about the PE teacher, not sure about that - but he must have been able to get it just by looking at Lestrade...you know how he can get so much from visual clues...can't think of any right now though!

Flight of the dead guy...I think he WAS supposed to be on the flight we see near the end, because when Mycroft is explaining it, we see a quick flashback to the guy in the car. Presumably, they were all given tickets as well, to make it look more realistic if any bodies were recovered after the event. Don't know how he ended up in the boot of a car though...will we ever know?

February 29, 2012 5:04 am  #14

MYCROFT: You’ve been stumbling round the fringes of this one for ages – or were you too bored to notice the pattern?
(Sherlock flashes back in his mind to the two little girls sitting in his living room.)
LITTLE GIRL: They wouldn’t let us see Granddad when he was dead.
(He lifts his head a little as he remembers the creepy guy sitting in the same chair on a different occasion, holding a funeral urn.)
CREEPY GUY: She’s not my real aunt. I know human ash.
MYCROFT: We ran a similar project with the Germans a while back, though I believe one of our passengers didn’t make the flight.
(Sherlock flashes back to the car with the body in the boot and the passport stamped in Berlin airport.)
MYCROFT: But that’s the deceased for you – late, in every sense of the word.

Seeing as that guy was 'on his way' to being on the flight of the dead, having been sent from Germany, I would say that his body was being stored in the luggage compartment during the flight from Berlin. Obviously the luggage compartment didn't shut properly & opened en route. He landed in the trunk from the fall.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

February 29, 2012 12:18 pm  #15

Wow, that's a clever idea!

February 29, 2012 5:33 pm  #16

Kazza, do you mean the luggage compartment in the plane? Is that why they always tell passengers to take care when stowing heavy articles in the overhead compartments in case they fall out when the compartment is opened and injure people? Never thought I'd be in dangerof a des body falling on me! Eek! lol

February 29, 2012 5:36 pm  #17

Yes, and don't leave your boot open, otherwise a dead body might fall into it.

February 29, 2012 5:46 pm  #18

Do you mean the guy's body was put in the luggage compartment of the plane? Is that why they always tell passengers to be carefully when placing heavy objects in the overhead lockers in case they fall out when someone opens them? I never expected to be hit by a dead body! Eek! Lol

March 1, 2012 7:36 pm  #19

What is the significance of him asking for the piece of gum from his trouser pocket in the courtroom scene? Any ideas?

March 1, 2012 7:40 pm  #20

Don't know - just to creep out the woman cop I guess. I can't believe she actually did it though, why didn't she just say no.

Board footera