BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 15, 2012 11:08 am  #1

Olivier Awards online

As you know (I hope) our dear Benedict may this evening win an Olivier award (along with Jonny Lee Miller) for his work in Frankenstein. Through this link we can watch the ceremony online. It starts at 18:00 pm (UK's time I presume). In case you want to watch it, here it is

http://www.olivierawards.com/news/view/item140012/oliviers-reach-online-audience/

I'll be watching it, of course 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 15, 2012 12:10 pm  #2

Re: Olivier Awards online

Thanks, for the link! I'll try to watch it! But just in case: Can you tell us if he wins! (I hope he does!)

-Y.S.H

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DI Lestrade: Sherlock we...
Sherlock Holmes: Oh what now? I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket.

April 15, 2012 12:38 pm  #3

yes, please tell us who is the winner after you finish watch it :D

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

April 15, 2012 1:29 pm  #4

Fingers crossed for them both. They are fine actors.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 15, 2012 2:04 pm  #5

Of course, I'll tell you whatever happens.
Fingers crossed from Spain too 

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 15, 2012 5:03 pm  #6

For now, no Benedict in the red carpet. Maybe he's not going (I believe he's still filming Star Trek).
I've seen Jonny Lee Miller, so nice and handsome...

Edit: A wonderful performance of Bohemian Rhapsody (one of my favourite songs EVER) with Brian May in the flesh on stage.
Anyway the wind blows...

Last edited by Irene_Adler (April 15, 2012 5:05 pm)

April 15, 2012 5:08 pm  #7

Yeah, Brian May playing Bo Rhap as the opening act together with WWRY cast - have been seeing  the musical 25 times so far - amazing!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 15, 2012 5:13 pm  #8

Is it on normal TV at all? I mean in the UK? I could probably just check the TV guide but I'm too lazy.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 15, 2012 5:14 pm  #9

Oooh... James McAvoy now... love him too.

I'm realizing I really love a lot of those men lol

April 15, 2012 5:17 pm  #10

If only my computer where not so slow...

Last edited by Young Sherlock Holmes (April 15, 2012 5:21 pm)

April 15, 2012 5:33 pm  #11

First award for Frankenstein: best lightning design.
Jonny Lee Miller accepted it in the winner's behalf. No trace of Ben, I'm now sure he's not there. If they win the joint award for best actor it'll be a pitty not seeing him there.

April 15, 2012 5:38 pm  #12

Maybe we will be seeing him at the BAFTAs in May?

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 15, 2012 5:44 pm  #13

tobeornot221b wrote:

Maybe we will be seeing him at the BAFTAs in May?

I hope so. If this year he doesn't get his award, I think we would have to tie every single member of the academy to a chair and show them infinite repeats of the complete series. Just so they know what being a great actor means.

I'm still watching the Oliviers though Benedict is not there. I'm starting to realize I love everyone there...

April 15, 2012 5:59 pm  #14

They got it!!

April 15, 2012 6:02 pm  #15

"Benedict can't be here tonight ... sorry, ladies........and guys!"

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 15, 2012 6:03 pm  #16

Benedict won! I missed it, but saw it all over Twitter.

April 15, 2012 6:12 pm  #17

tobeornot221b wrote:

"Benedict can't be here tonight ... sorry, ladies........and guys!"

That has been hilarious... wonderful Jonny, seems such a nice man.
I'm so happy for them both.

April 15, 2012 6:13 pm  #18

YAY!!! Well done to Benedict!!! =D

-Y.S.H

April 16, 2012 4:00 am  #19

blech can't get it to work, here is the link for the award anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZfwX_jipa0

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

April 16, 2012 8:41 am  #20

Thanks for the link Kaz.

I wonder if Benedict and Jonny have spoken to each other about Sherlock yet...seeing as they're both playing him...surely the conversation must have arisen at some point?!

Board footera