BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 14, 2014 6:07 pm  #1

A challenge....open the doors to your mind palace :)

If you're a frequent visitor to the Pictures thread, you'll know we all visit our "mind palace" when the need takes us!

So, it got me to thinking, - without any smut of course - what does everyone dream about when they think of Ben? For me, I have a little story in my mind about how we would meet....

It goes a little along the lines of me being on a girlie night out in London with friends when I see him across the bar. We make eye contact and I can't stop looking at him. I'm dancing, he's at the bar with his mates. I break off from dancing to get a drink when I feel a hand on the small of my back, and a voice saying "Can I get you a drink?"

That's as far as I get

I'm clueing for looks

March 14, 2014 6:10 pm  #2

Re: A challenge....open the doors to your mind palace :)

Ah, what a brilliant thread to start, Clare. Long awaited!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

March 14, 2014 6:29 pm  #3

Okay I'll give this a shot. *Blushes*

I'd be at a pub having a drink. Possibly an Irish Rose... I'd look at him and try hard not to stare too much. I'd probably be blushing and smiling. He'll walk over to me and over the music ask.
"Have we met?" And I'd shiver and tell him.
"No, but I wish..."

Or I'd get to play an extra in one of his movies. Probably being clumsy me I'd drop something and him being a gentleman he'd pick it up for me and I'd sort of panic... he will put his hand on my shoulder and just smile at me and ask my name... 

I love this thread! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 14, 2014 6:58 pm  #4

Glad you like ladies, Rebecca you not gonna tell us ;)

My other meeting goes like this (I've dreamed up several lol!)

I'm about to meet him at a signing and after our introductions I say "I know you really enjoy whiskey and a good book to relax, so here's the whiskey and here's the good book". He smiles at me, thanks me and  I give him the book, then lean in and say "I'm a little biased with the book, I'm in it!"

(I should add that part is a true story, I'm a character in a major novel lol)

His interest rises, he wants to know more. "Would you like to share this whiskey and we can talk more about it?" He says. "Meet me at the end..."

And the rest is history lol!

I'm clueing for looks

March 14, 2014 7:03 pm  #5

I suppose I shall spill....

I've very much had the vision of being a love interest of his in a movie, his idea of hanging out prior to filming, in order to get to know me better.

Also, being in a position of him standing in front of me. His piercing eyes looking into mine, his lips curling into a subtle smile, suddenly bursting into a teethed smile, his smile lines in full view, as he raises his hand to push a strand of hair behind my ear, keeping his hand rested on my neck....

I'm gonna stop now...

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

March 14, 2014 7:12 pm  #6

Nice Rebecca, nice

There's an absolutely cracking benedict fanfic on twitter at the mo, I don't have the link but if you search for "he took my cab" you'll find it. It's worth looking for

I'm clueing for looks

March 14, 2014 7:14 pm  #7

I've found it, I've added it to my reading list!

March 14, 2014 7:15 pm  #8

I'm going to go again.

He will have gotten my socks through the mail and he will call me. I will pick up the phone (despite my fear of numbers I'm not familiar with)...

And that amazing voice will go "Hi... is this... Ma... Maj" (My name isn't really easy for non-danish people to pronounce I've been told). "Miss Nielsen?" he'll correct himself. I will have a feeling I know who it is; but how could it be...
"This is Maja" I'll let him know
"It's Benedict Cumberbatch" and I will have to cover my mouth not to scream... we will talk for ages, he will make me giggle... and then he'll ask me "Can I call you tomorrow?"

... a girl can dream 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 14, 2014 7:16 pm  #9

Dreams are THE BEST! You can go anywhere and do anything.

And sometimes, in some way, they can come true....

I'm clueing for looks

March 14, 2014 7:19 pm  #10

If only!

But imagine it, if we ever found out that one of us got majorly close with Ben...

March 14, 2014 7:21 pm  #11

Seriously, if he did call or I met him... I think I wouldn't tell anyone. Not only for the sake of his privacy; but... well I'd want to spare you girls as well. It'd be hella hard not to scream it to the world though. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 14, 2014 7:25 pm  #12

Whenever I see people who meet him, at first I feel the ultimate jealousy, but then I get so happy for them! I just hope that I do get the chance one day...

March 14, 2014 7:26 pm  #13

I doubt I ever will, but I LOVE dreaming about it! It makes me really happy! 

And if it happened to any of you I would burst with happiness! You all deserve to meet him! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 14, 2014 7:43 pm  #14

Aww bless you Phantom!

Funny how it's just us three on here! We need Tinks and Cumberbabe to join the party lol!

I'm clueing for looks

March 14, 2014 7:46 pm  #15

It's basically a transfer/overspill from the Pictures thread. ;) I do love our little group of regulars!

March 14, 2014 8:26 pm  #16

So do I Hun! Us little Band of BenAddicts!

I'm clueing for looks

March 14, 2014 8:32 pm  #17

Aaaaaarrrgggghhhh !!! Really want to join in, but my Parents have dropped in unexpectedly!
I love them dearly, but I want to play this game!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 14, 2014 8:38 pm  #18

I really don't want to elaborate on here, especially as this is a real individual we are speaking about.
But I am a lifelong insomniac, so in my defence...I use fantasy to help me get to sleep.
I occasionally think of Sherlock scenarios, in a fanfic type way...
But to be honest, I usually think of Benedict and usually in some love situation.
I have about a handful of regular ones I employ.

Last edited by besleybean (March 14, 2014 8:39 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 14, 2014 8:49 pm  #19

Yeah no I understand Besley, it's just for fun really - for me anyway I think there's that utopian idea of how you meet any crush, whether it's a film star or the guy in your office. That's what imaginations are for ;)

Hope you can join our game soon Tinks lol!

I'm clueing for looks

March 14, 2014 8:56 pm  #20

Yeah, been thinking about it while I was making my coffee...for most people on here, they could actually fantasise about themselves with Benedict.
Altho that must still be a bit of a freaky thought for a celeb...it's at least a little more normal.
I think my fantasising about Benedict with other people, is possibly even more werid!

Last edited by besleybean (March 14, 2014 8:58 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera