BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 11, 2014 9:43 pm  #1

Mycroft 100x100 pixel icons

Not sure if anyone can make use of these, but I just created 20 Mycroft icons for an icon challenge on LiveJournal. Feel free to grab any of them and use them here or elsewhere if you're a Mycroft fan. (And I only "picked" Mycroft because that's the character I was assigned -- I'd much rather have done John or Sherlock.)

Preview:

Link to post on LiveJournal with icons.

March 11, 2014 11:00 pm  #2

Re: Mycroft 100x100 pixel icons

Great selection! Makes me want to start using Livejournal again, but I haven't logged into my account for years!!

March 11, 2014 11:10 pm  #3

Thanks! I don't remotely use LiveJournal as often as I used to anymore. Mostly because the majority of people I interacted with there belong in a fandom that I don't actively participate in any longer, and the other people I talked to have all but buggered off to shinier things like Facebook or Tumblr. And there was that time when LiveJournal was constantly down for one reason or another, so whenever you wanted to post something, you just couldn't. I think a lot of people fled to other places during that time. I actually cancelled my paid account because of that.

I still try to post my fanfics there, but there's hardly anyone who comments on my stuff any longer.

March 12, 2014 1:50 pm  #4

TeeJay wrote:

Mostly because the majority of people I interacted with there belong in a fandom that I don't actively participate in any longer,

Exactly my reasons!
I kinda go through fandom phases, though I think the predicted longevity of the Sherlock series will make it a stayer.

March 12, 2014 2:01 pm  #5

My "problem" was not that the show was cancelled, it was more the fact that from season 3 onwards, I started to like it less and less. The character development and storylines became more and more ridiculous, and in the end I wasn't invested in the show anymore. And most of my LJ "friends" weren't active in any of my other fandoms, so there's no other common ground.

I'm actually reallly happy that Sherlock has now gripped me to the point where I can proudly say I'm an active member of the fandom. It feels nice to want to write fan fiction again and be creative and actually get some feedback on your work.

Last edited by TeeJay (March 12, 2014 2:02 pm)

Board footera