BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 25, 2014 10:45 am  #1

Inception (2010)

My all time most favourite film in the world (& the only one with a plot more complicated than the BBC Sherlock ) It has everything that you need (Leo, cough cough...); the best sound track in the world & the passage of time (if I could experience 60 years of life without real physical ageing, I would want to get stuck in limbo too).

February 25, 2014 1:17 pm  #2

Re: Inception (2010)

I might see why you like Sherlock. The visuals in inception are really good. And the story within a story is always interesting. I like the gyroscope as a symbol for life and the universe.

February 25, 2014 1:35 pm  #3

It's definitely one of my all-time favourite movies, too! When I saw the Mind Palace scene in HLV I was immediately reminded of "Inception" (and in a very good way). It's a movie I can watch over and over again, it never gets boring, I always discover something new. And visually it's just... perfect, fantastic. The cast is also just fabulous, I love all of them, the chemistry is great. Love it!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 5, 2014 10:52 pm  #4

I thought the movie was brilliant!

March 6, 2014 6:42 am  #5

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's my favourite movie, but I loved it too. I saw it twice in the cinema, and I bought the Blu-ray as well. It's one of those movies you can watch all over again and still recognize something new or pick up on details you hadn't noticed before. Really well done, and the visuals were stunning.

March 6, 2014 6:52 am  #6

I loved Incepton - maybe not enough to watch again and again but it was a well produced, acted and directed and very thought provoking Movie.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 7, 2014 4:32 am  #7

Oo… bringing up love for this one again?  Yes.  One of my favorites, for all the reasons Tinks mentioned above. 
Anyone else wavered in thought at first as to whether it left off in the 'dream' world or real one?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

Board footera