BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 9, 2012 5:42 pm  #1

Radio Times cover

Due to retweets asking for Benedict to be on the Radio Times magazine cover this upcoming week it's going to happen. Clearly the cover must have been decided some time ago though. The Radio Times is the BBC's official magazine for TV and Radio.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 9, 2012 5:48 pm  #2

Re: Radio Times cover

Yay! I'll have to get my Granny to save the cover and send it to me. I presume there will be an article on him and Sherlock etc. inside?

April 9, 2012 5:52 pm  #3

The Radio Times Tweet also mentions that there may be some more news in the offing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 9, 2012 6:00 pm  #4

Brilliant! Which week is it out?

April 9, 2012 6:16 pm  #5

It's out tomorrow. I'm hoping there will be a slew of online content to keep us happy due to filming for the next series being pushed back. With 1000000 hits at Sherlockolgy each month they'd be mad not to foster the communities attention (Also, Molly's blog has either been updated or I missed posts there from before).

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

April 9, 2012 6:49 pm  #6

Oo! I'm going to check the blog(s) now. I was checking them but nothing was changing. The game is afoot!

April 9, 2012 6:54 pm  #7

Molly's official BBC blog has no new posts.

April 9, 2012 7:05 pm  #8

AHHHGGG how exciting! The power of Sherlockians strikes again! We WILL take over the world! I really hope they have some new news in there.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 10, 2012 1:24 am  #9

Molly's blog was discontinued at the end of Season 1 as it no longer served a purpose. They're keeping John's blog alive and are also largely letting Sherlock's site lapse (since John is forever telling him that no-one reads it).

Someone in the UK needs to make sure we can see the articles for this! Oh wait...it'll be on Tumblr.

By the way - anyone know why Ben is in Venice at the moment? Is Star Trek filming there now?!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 10, 2012 3:17 am  #10

Is he in Venice at the moment? I know he was there back in Novembr for the film festival.

April 10, 2012 3:42 am  #11

Aaah maybe it was an old post I saw.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 10, 2012 7:15 am  #12

D'you think they will pick up the sites again in time for Series 3? I hope so...it was such a good idea!

April 10, 2012 9:48 am  #13

Here it is

http://yfrog.com/z/kh65ysefj

Edit: I'll be fainting for a while. I'll come back soon...

Last edited by Irene_Adler (April 10, 2012 9:49 am)

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 10, 2012 9:57 am  #14

Yikes! How am I going to buy it surrepticiously, without anyone knowing I'm only getting it for one reason?!!

April 10, 2012 10:09 am  #15

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Yikes! How am I going to buy it surrepticiously, without anyone knowing I'm only getting it for one reason?!!

Just buy it... who cares the reason?!! I wish I could get it from here 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 10, 2012 10:15 am  #16

Anyone wanna post a copy to Australia? LOL
Hopefully someone will scan and upload the article too.

April 10, 2012 10:47 am  #17

I think (Guessing) it may just be this article by Danny 'The Beach' Boyle which doesn't really say much about Benedict or Sherlock and is more luvvy-dahling than informative.

Verification would be great if anyone's bought a copy.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

April 10, 2012 11:15 am  #18

Going out shortly to buy one. Will update you all when I come back!

April 10, 2012 9:30 pm  #19

I'm going to try and get a copy tomorrow though you can see the cover on-line. Radio Times.

April 10, 2012 10:09 pm  #20

there's was one with an interview with Lara Pulver (played Irene Adler in a scandal in belgravia) I have it in my bedroom. It was the scientist prof. Brian cox on the front and I spent all my lunch money on the issue because you got a free Sherlock Holmes book, a stargazing chart (I'm an amateur astronomer!)  and interviews so it a dream come true

I'm going to try and persuade my parents to buy one because I spent all my money on my fish!

- Y.S.H

Last edited by Young Sherlock Holmes (April 10, 2012 10:11 pm)

DI Lestrade: Sherlock we...
Sherlock Holmes: Oh what now? I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket.

Board footera