BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 8, 2014 2:25 pm  #1

Replying with quotes

Okay, something weird has started to happen when I attempt to reply using the "Quote" function. When I do I get this tumblr style quoted text, that is moved in from the margin a bit with a line running down along side. That in itself is not the problem but rather that I can't move the cursor down below the quoted text so my reply shows up as part of the quote.
I found that I could circumvent this by hitting source, then you get the old "quote=X" and "/quote" in [] and you can go on writing as normal, but then I can't use formatting or smilies or anything.

Am I the only one getting this and if not is this a new permanent feature?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

February 8, 2014 4:08 pm  #2

Re: Replying with quotes

Same with me here, Ormond.  Maybe this reply feature is still in its maturing phase.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 8, 2014 4:10 pm  #3

I have the same problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 8, 2014 5:33 pm  #4

Okay, at least it's not my browser or anything. Irritating though .

At least one can circumvent it by changing to source. Also discovered that once you've started typing your answer in source you can go back to normal viewing, where you answer will now be beolw the quote, and then you can use smilies and fonts again. But still enormously irritating.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

February 8, 2014 5:52 pm  #5

Yeah, I'm having that problem too...weird.

-------------------------------------------------------

February 8, 2014 10:56 pm  #6

Odd. I just tried quoting two of your posts and it shows up as usual for me. What browser are you guys using? I'm using Chrome.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

February 8, 2014 11:01 pm  #7

Wholocked wrote:

Odd. I just tried quoting two of your posts and it shows up as usual for me. What browser are you guys using? I'm using Chrome.

I'm using Chrome, the actual quoting thing seems to be working now but...the symbols above, the bold, italic, smiley faces, image link etc are...blacked out?

-------------------------------------------------------

February 9, 2014 1:17 pm  #8

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Wholocked wrote:

I'm using Chrome, the actual quoting thing seems to be working now but...the symbols above, the bold, italic, smiley faces, image link etc are...blacked out?

Everything back to normal here too. And no black out of fonts etc either. Oh, and I'm using IE right now, though occationally I use a Chrome "spin off" called Comodo Dragon. But it was exactly the same in either browser.
Must have been a temporary thingie.

February 9, 2014 3:12 pm  #9

My font options are still blacked out; but I haven't had issues with qoutes.

I am using Chrome 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera