BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 5, 2014 6:50 am  #1

Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London

A few snippets from the Apple Store interview (I apologise in advance if it has been posted elsewhere already )

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-02-04/sherlock-cast-we-played-give-us-a-clue-with-una-stubbs-during-filming

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-02-04/martin-freeman-on-the-sherlock-stag-do-we-cut-a-whole-scene-set-in-a-gay-club

And it seems they are going to release an official video of the interview!

Many lovely pictures of the interview to be found here:

http://bakerstreetbabes.tumblr.com/

http://cumberbatchweb.tumblr.com/

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

February 5, 2014 7:55 am  #2

Re: Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London

Thank you for posting. As far as I know later on there will be a video on the Apple website. The pics are great. Martin and Amanda very smartly dressed and Benedict in cardigan, denim and those lovely boots. And both men wearing these wonderful socks. 

Last edited by SusiGo (February 5, 2014 7:55 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 6, 2014 1:05 am  #3

It is now available at itunes!
http://bit.ly/1g38g8I

Didn't Ben really know about the explicit fan art? Noo he was just acting or wasn't he???
I think it is wise of him, not to watch tumbr...

I actually loved the fact how Moffat talked about this Wholocked thing on youtube. That he loves how it is made and finds it brilliant. I mean he could have gone like, it is against copyright, put it down and so on...

Last edited by zeratul (February 6, 2014 1:07 am)

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

February 6, 2014 6:46 am  #4

Thanks, I'm going to download it as soon as I get back home.

Concerning the explicit fan art, they've all known about this for ages. But honestly, what is there you can say about it?? And I think it is embarrassing in a way having to talk about it. This is the one question I wish they'd just stop asking.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

February 6, 2014 7:46 am  #5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny7rRIwYJTE&feature=player_detailpage
And youtube has it as well.

EDIT: And I can't watch it now because I'm at the office. I can have a look in here now and then but watching anything on youtube for 40 minutes... no, not really...

EDIT EDIT : I absolutely agree to your opinion, tdw... they should stop asking about the fan art stuff. Honestly... what should they say about it, especially the ...locker stuff?

Last edited by gently69 (February 6, 2014 7:54 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 6, 2014 8:16 am  #6

the_dancing_woman wrote:

Thanks, I'm going to download it as soon as I get back home.

Concerning the explicit fan art, they've all known about this for ages. But honestly, what is there you can say about it?? And I think it is embarrassing in a way having to talk about it. This is the one question I wish they'd just stop asking.

Absolutely agree with this.
I've seen them both asked at different times, about the fiction at least, but what can they say about it?
If they say they don't like it, people would get offended. If they said they DO like it, they'd be seen to be encouraging it.
Personally, I think they're uncomfortable when asked about it, and Ben may or may not be aware that Amanda has had arguments with/abuse from some sections of fans over it, so it must be quite difficult to deal with these questions - and I wish people wouldn't ask them.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

February 6, 2014 8:37 am  #7

Aaaahhhh, I only watched the first five minutes right now and I'm already in love with Benedict all over again...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 6, 2014 8:43 am  #8

Same with me Solar. He does it again and again and again...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

February 6, 2014 9:35 am  #9

Totally silly, but I just love the fact that he obviously loves his parents so much and is so fond of them... the way he talks about them, even if it's just in one short sentence...
Okay, and let's not forget that he looks totally handsome and his smile is pure sunshine...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 6, 2014 1:33 pm  #10

gently69 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny7rRIwYJTE&feature=player_detailpage
And youtube has it as well.

EDIT: And I can't watch it now because I'm at the office. I can have a look in here now and then but watching anything on youtube for 40 minutes... no, not really...

EDIT EDIT : I absolutely agree to your opinion, tdw... they should stop asking about the fan art stuff. Honestly... what should they say about it, especially the ...locker stuff?

Thank you very much for this link. I've been looking everywhere for this interview.

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

February 6, 2014 1:35 pm  #11

SolarSystem wrote:

Aaaahhhh, I only watched the first five minutes right now and I'm already in love with Benedict all over again...

Me too. I'm always falling in love with Benedict!

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

February 6, 2014 4:27 pm  #12

Thanks for posting this! 

Oh I love Benedicts laugh, especially how he cracks up towards the end! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 6, 2014 4:30 pm  #13

at least he can laugh about the whole thing

he is sooo sweet about his parents

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

February 6, 2014 5:32 pm  #14

Also when they talked about Magnussen I had a smile on my lips. I have the stranges feelings about him; the character is so evil and chilling.

Yet I know the actor, Lars Mikkelsen, is the kindest man ever! I attended a masked ball in Copenhagen and he was reciting Casanova. Me and a few other women had not been lucky enough to get chairs so we sat down on the floor to listen to him. When he came on stage he smiled at us and greeted the audience humbly, then he asked me and the other women if we were comfortable enough or else he wouldn't continue... 

There's such a long way from that to licking people's faces and flicking John in the face. 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (February 6, 2014 5:56 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 6, 2014 5:43 pm  #15

Brilliant story, phantom lady. I already thought during watching interviews that he is a nice guy in real life. And a convincing actor because he can portray a villain this way.

(Tony Hadley)

February 6, 2014 6:15 pm  #16

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Also when they talked about Magnussen I had a smile on my lips. I have the stranges feelings about him; the character is so evil and chilling.

Yet I know the actor, Lars Mikkelsen, is the kindest man ever! I attended a masked ball in Copenhagen and he was reciting Casanova. Me and a few other women had not been lucky enough to get chairs so we sat down on the floor to listen to him. When he came on stage he smiled at us and greeted the audience humbly, then he asked me and the other women if we were comfortable enough or else he wouldn't continue... 

There's such a long way from that to licking people's faces and flicking John in the face. 

What a lovely story - and what a good Actor he must be!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

February 6, 2014 6:15 pm  #17

Sadly, the video got taken down before I had a chance to watch it. I wish someone else reuploaded it, cause I have vowed not to install iTunes on my computer.

February 6, 2014 6:16 pm  #18

I just tried and couldn't!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 6, 2014 6:18 pm  #19

Shame. I was at work when it was posted and couldn't watch it. Of course I don't blame YouTube to take it down, seeing how you normally have to pay to watch it.

February 6, 2014 7:55 pm  #20

It's amazing what a great chemistry the three have! I am really torn, I love Amanda but I am still not quite content with Mary. And OMG, Ben is so handsome! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

Board footera