BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 31, 2014 1:30 pm  #1

9 Behind the Scene Pics from Series 3

Now I've had a quick look through the topics and I don't think this link has been posted. But apologies if it has and feel free to delete this topic.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sherlock-season-3-behind-the-scenes-photos-2014-1

Some fab behind the scenes pics from series 3!!

I love the Sherlock/Molly ones!!

January 31, 2014 1:49 pm  #2

Re: 9 Behind the Scene Pics from Series 3

I love the one in front of the Star Trek poster, you can see Martin laughing! ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 31, 2014 1:52 pm  #3

kittykat wrote:

I love the one in front of the Star Trek poster, you can see Martin laughing! ^^

I didn't spot Martin! But went back to look and yeah - ha ha! They should do a similar thing with a Hobbit poster!

January 31, 2014 1:56 pm  #4

That pic with that black wig reminds of someone of my past. Good heavens.

-----------------------------
“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
Terry Pratchett - A Hat Full of Sky

January 31, 2014 6:02 pm  #5

Oh, the one with Loo and Ben at Baker Street is so sweet. I am not a Sherlolly shipper bit this photo is just  .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

August 12, 2014 8:44 am  #6

I love that one too!  These are great!  I'd seen the Khan one, but not the others.

August 12, 2014 2:21 pm  #7

First time I've seen most of these (!) and the first one shocked me. I was convinced that it wasn't Ben but rather a stand-in in the Serbian dungeon scene. Am I glad I'm wrong!

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

August 12, 2014 2:56 pm  #8

I haven't seen some of them before. I love the one with Khan, the one with Loo and the one in the restaurant. Sherlock's hair looked more natural in season 2 than in season 3...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

August 12, 2014 3:24 pm  #9

Marta wrote:

Sherlock's hair looked more natural in season 2 than in season 3...

You can see at the end of TSOT just how bad it is, very frizzy and looks like it was cut off with a hacksaw.

In the Serbia torture sequence where he has the long hair, you can see some blond mixed in with the black. My head canon is that he fried his hair dying it for his undercover work, came home, dyed it black, which further killed it, and let it grow out rather than just shaving it off and starting over.

Mary

August 12, 2014 3:42 pm  #10

maryagrawatson wrote:

You can see at the end of TSOT just how bad it is, very frizzy and looks like it was cut off with a hacksaw.

Yes, terrible! Off with his head!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 12, 2014 3:55 pm  #11

They make a nice pair, what with Janine's dress being way too big for her.

Mary

August 12, 2014 4:01 pm  #12

"way too big"? Well, I guess she still can breath, which I find very practical. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 12, 2014 4:19 pm  #13

Who planned that bit of the wedding? Did Sherlock choose her dress?   I wonder how he took her measurements?   I suppose it was Mary who chose the dresses.  Cute picture.   I've just realised that even the confetti (or is it real flower petals? Definitely a posh do!) is colour co-ordinated. 

August 12, 2014 4:59 pm  #14

Janine has to adjust the top of her dress, meaning it's poorly fitted. I just started wearing strapless dresses and discovered that there's no reason to worry about them falling down if the dress and undergarments are properly fitted.

My favourite dress of the three is the one worn by the blonde bridesmaid. Remove the sash, lengthen it, and it's exactly like the maid of honour dress I wore to my best friend's wedding. We had different styles of dresses, but in that exact same shiny lilac fabric. I don't quite get why Janine's dress is a different colour and fabric. So sloppy on the part of the costume designers.

Mary

Last edited by maryagrawatson (August 12, 2014 5:07 pm)

August 12, 2014 5:03 pm  #15

Right. Now that you're saying...
So many things without any logic, bad clothes, far too big wedding party....
The whole episode was a sloppy mess.

August 12, 2014 5:09 pm  #16

I found it hard to believe that John and/or Mary knew any of these people (excluding Sherlock, Greg, Molly, and Mrs. Hudson), including the bridesmaids!, well enough to have them at their wedding!

I was disappointed that we didn't see Harry, but I also find it realistic.

Mary

August 12, 2014 5:19 pm  #17

We seldom meet our friends, at least not regularly. There are two, maybe three. The rest.... at anniversaries or such.
So when we got married 6 years ago I was VERY surprised that we couldn't afford inviting all those people we had on our list. 

Last edited by Mattlocked (August 12, 2014 5:20 pm)

August 12, 2014 5:35 pm  #18

maryagrawatson wrote:

Janine has to adjust the top of her dress, meaning it's poorly fitted.

Mary

Or maybe she just wanted to draw attention to certain body parts. (Friend of mine at Uni was a master in that. Got us many free drinks. )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 12, 2014 7:28 pm  #19

Maybe they are saving Harry for another season. Would be strange if we did not meet John's only known relative. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 12, 2014 7:33 pm  #20

Tho often shows have an in-joke about a character you never see...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera