BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 29, 2014 10:01 am  #1

Smilies/Emoticons

Is everyone's smilies OK? I can't see mine anymore...

Wondering if it's just my browser or a site-wide thing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 29, 2014 10:18 am  #2

Re: Smilies/Emoticons

Have no problems with them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 29, 2014 10:20 am  #3

I see smilies. You're the first one in forever I've heard use this word.

Oh btw I use IE version 8, if you want to know about browser.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

January 29, 2014 5:26 pm  #4

It might be a Firefox issue. I'm not seeing the smileys anymore either, and I use the latest Firefox version (26.0) on both my private computers. I'm not sure when exactly they disappeared, but I'd say maybe a week or so. They worked fine on my work computer earlier today, where I use an older, portable version of Firefox. I haven't tried any other browser.

It's not a tragedy, but maybe someone should look into it, since I assume there's many more people using Firefox, and it seems to be more a more wide-spread issue than just a single user's configuration.

Oh, and I tried clearing my cache. Didn't help.

Last edited by TeeJay (January 29, 2014 5:27 pm)

January 29, 2014 8:07 pm  #5

I can see the smilies, and I use Firefox.

♥ I AM SHERLOCKED ♥
                                                              and I ship Johnlock harder than Mrs. Hudson ;-)

January 29, 2014 8:12 pm  #6

I use Chrome and I can see them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 30, 2014 11:08 am  #7

I don't know what I use but whatever it is I can see them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 2, 2014 6:55 pm  #8

I actually found out what the problem was. I blocked images with the Firefox AdBlock add-on from a certain subfolder of the forum's website when the ad banner started appearing. Now that I've deleted that AdBlock filter again, the smileys are back.

February 2, 2014 10:38 pm  #9

Welcome back smileys! Sorry...couldn't resist 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera