BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 21, 2014 10:05 am  #1

Janine and Mycroft!?

There's is something that I find odd.

We learn that Janine (when she was standing in Sherlocks kitchen in that pyjama top) has met Mycroft, actually it sounds like she met him not just once. (Mike?!)
Didn’t Mycroft wonder that Sherlock suddenly has a girlfriend? He knows him best and there was never one. Shouldn't he find it strange? I assume that he has had her checked, he does this with all people Sherlock has contact with, after all. So he must know that she works for Magnussen. And then he is surprised/outraged that Sherlocks next case has to do with Magnussen? I mean his brother has a „girlfriend“ who is Magnussens PA! *surprise* It must have been clear to him what Sherlocks intentions are?!

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 21, 2014 10:20 am  #2

Re: Janine and Mycroft!?

This is where we are supposed to suspend belief. In this episode Mycroft answers to Lady Smallwood who has engaged Sherlock to retrieve letters from CAM whose PA is shacked up with Sherlock and has a best friend who is an assassin who happens to be married to Watson. 
MI6 and CAM  seem to be a bit too  lax security wise. 

January 21, 2014 1:59 pm  #3

I don't think they've met and I don't think Mycroft knows that Sherlock has a girlfriend. Why would she stay in the bedroom if he went in, she'd just come out and say, 'hello, would you mind waiting, I'm not dressed' or whatever. And I don't think anyone who'd met Mycroft would call him Mike. 

March 15, 2014 6:42 pm  #4

Can you imagine what mycroft would've done if he found out that sherlock had a girlfriend?! He would've been so smug and never would've let sherlock hear the end of this, even after they broke up.

Don't talk out loud Anderson, you lower the IQ of the whole street,

March 15, 2014 9:25 pm  #5

Ivy wrote:

We learn that Janine (when she was standing in Sherlocks kitchen in that pyjama top) has met Mycroft, actually it sounds like she met him not just once. (Mike?!)

When Janine says: "Mike, yeah. His brother, Mike. They're always fighting",
it doesn't necessarily imply that she's met Mycroft in person. Sherlock just could have told her about the constant fighting between him and his brother. "Mike" (as well as "Sherl") is her way of handling awkward names.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 15, 2014 9:31 pm  #6

Which just reminds me of this:

MRS HOLMES (picking up the basket): Behave, Mike.
MYCROFT: ‘Mycroft’ is the name you gave me, if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 15, 2014 9:55 pm  #7

Mattlocked wrote:

Which just reminds me of this:

MRS HOLMES (picking up the basket): Behave, Mike.
MYCROFT: ‘Mycroft’ is the name you gave me, if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end.

I wonder does Mummy ever call Sherlock "Sherl"?   

In my headcanon Mycroft thought that Mike was too common for him and started making everyone at school call him Mycroft around the age of 12.

Last edited by tonnaree (March 15, 2014 9:56 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 15, 2014 11:37 pm  #8

I agree, I don't think Janine and Mycroft met - if they did, Sherlock wouldn't be so determined not to let his brother enter the bedroom. Janine probably heard Sherlock talking to Mycroft on the phone, probably few times; the "they're always fighting" remark seems to be rather her observation than something Sherlock has told her.

"silverblaze" wrote:

And I don't think anyone who'd met Mycroft would call him Mike.

100% agree!
I love how John says "yes" when she asks if people actually call Sherlock's brother Mycroft 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

March 16, 2014 3:00 am  #9

Mycroft has a bad habit dropping in unannounced-- I'm sure he not only met Janine, but for his own reasons,(CAM) didn't blow Sherlock's cover.

Board footera