BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 19, 2014 4:16 am  #1

Is there a way to er "temporarily disable" member sigs

I confess (I hope no one from work reads this) that I do hover between tabs when I am otherwise supposed to be engaged (does not affect my productivity - I swear). I get sort of embarrassed when large moving images of Benedict & Martin in compromising positions are flashing across my screen. Text I'm not embarrassed about coz it's not that visible from far away but the images are a dead give away that I have an unhealthy obsession with well, English actors.

So, I was wondering if there is a way to temporarily disable sigs so that only the text in the main body of the post is displayed. I can undisable it when I access this forum at home.

January 19, 2014 7:47 am  #2

Re: Is there a way to er "temporarily disable" member sigs

On the top navigation bar, go to "My Profile" and then to "Viewing Options" and untick "Show User Signatures" or just untick "Show Images in Signatures"...anyway you'll see the list of options

Last edited by Wholocked (January 19, 2014 7:47 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 20, 2014 1:08 am  #3

WooHooo ty for this....same prob solved.

January 20, 2014 8:30 am  #4

... and if you don't want to see a certain image, you may right click on the image and just block that one 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 20, 2014 12:23 pm  #5

I think you'll find that's browser specific, Harriet. Probably requires a plugin. I don't get that option in Chrome, except with Adblock

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 20, 2014 2:38 pm  #6

My browser uses Adblock. Works fine 

And might be worth a try if you don't want to disable all signature images.

Last edited by Harriet (January 20, 2014 2:44 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera