BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2014 11:31 am  #1

Which stories and characters would we like to see in series 4?

I somehow hope that they pick-up the bank-robber storyline again...or at least introduce John Clay. A professional bank robber would be a great one episode villain.

I still hope that they do the Musgrave Ritual.

And I totally vote for The Copper Beeches.

And I stick to my wish that "fake Moriarty" is a more canon-like version of Sebastian Moran.

Your wish?

January 15, 2014 11:33 am  #2

Re: Which stories and characters would we like to see in series 4?

I wish for any version of Moriarty (the real one, his twin brother, whatever) that features Andrew Scott :-).

The Game is On!

January 15, 2014 12:15 pm  #3

I want baron Gruner played by David Tennant (yumyumyum). http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/tongue.png

And the red headed league. 

January 15, 2014 1:40 pm  #4

I want a little more back ground on John.  Still want to meet Harry.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German   http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.gif
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.
http://media-cache-ec3.pinimg.com/736x/aa/2b/35/aa2b352725f4c944599a3ea17cbfe44e.jpg    https://31.media.tumblr.com/bb0f8896a79d19602eeaea0254ff5ccd/tumblr_n5ztxjGDB61stgn3no1_500.jpg

January 15, 2014 4:08 pm  #5

Stories; -
Musgrave ritual, Speckled band, Greek Interpreter, Devil’s foot.

Characters;-
More of all the supporting characters, especially Lestrade who was given almost nothing to do in ‘His Last Vow’ and Donovan who was in series 3 for all of five minutes.

Harry Watson – I was disappointed that she didn’t appear at the wedding and where did all the gay people go in series 3? I’m not talking about Johnlock here, I mean characters like the couple who ran the hotel in Baskerville.

Moriarty – And I never thought I would say that as I’m usually a great one for leaving dead characters dead, but yes, I’ve missed him.

Mycroft – rapidly becoming one of my favourites.

I also want to know who Mary really is and then I want her to die or leave.  Not just because I think that they should have gone for matter of fact, understated Johnlock (and after series 3 I’m convinced that they never will) but because it just isn’t going to work as the Sherlock, John and Mary show. Romance or bromance Sherlock and John are the glue that holds the show together.

Aside from my comment about Harry I also hope that they drop all the babies, dogs, parents (and deep breath because I know many people will disagree) long lost Holmes siblings. Let’s not turn it into a soap opera.   If anyone’s wondering I regard Harry as a separate case because it was established right from the beginning that John had a sister.

Some more complex cases for Sherlock would be good too.

January 15, 2014 6:12 pm  #6

And Moftiss, I know you don't owe us anything but may we pleeaase have the boat race on the Thames from A Sign Of Four???

January 15, 2014 6:52 pm  #7

Swanpride wrote:

I somehow hope that they pick-up the bank-robber storyline again...or at least introduce John Clay. A professional bank robber would be a great one episode villain.

?

I have always really liked this story. It was the first Jeremy Brett episode I saw, and the second canon story I read, and I've always liked it. Its a very visually fun story, I think.

There's a nice pastiche written by Hugh Ashton, which is Clay's "autobiography". I was very pleasantly surprised by it.

And another vote for Donovan, who I jsut really love as a character.  I really like her portrayal, she isn't a cardboard cut out jobsworth at all, and would have liked to see a lot more of her. 

Last edited by beekeeper (January 15, 2014 6:53 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

January 15, 2014 6:56 pm  #8

silverblaze wrote:

I want baron Gruner played by David Tennant (yumyumyum). http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/tongue.png

http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/love.png
THAT would be really awesome

And of course more of Lestrade.http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/cool.png

Plus Molly, I really do like her character.

https://24.media.tumblr.com/68067b73902e63c3d07a8624c24e3f88/tumblr_myy80lJUDn1qe3p9bo1_500.gifhttps://31.media.tumblr.com/2d97e6a50cae8ad4ef534ff249d1e76d/tumblr_myy80lJUDn1qe3p9bo2_500.gif
John Watson: "He’s clueing for looks"

January 15, 2014 8:05 pm  #9

silverblaze wrote:

And Moftiss, I know you don't owe us anything but may we pleeaase have the boat race on the Thames from A Sign Of Four???

Oh yes! I definitley vote for that. In my head it looks a bit like the opening to a James Bond movie with speedboats...not sure whether that's a good thing or not, haha. But Gatiss is a big Bond fan so who knows!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

http://9.asset.soup.io/asset/1715/0057_6c7d.gif

January 15, 2014 8:36 pm  #10

Aytoun wrote:

Stories; -

We definitely won't get Speckled band and Greek Interpreter since there has already been an allusion to them in SIB "Speckled Blonde" and "Geek Interpreter".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh602/Chiavra/ebd74ea2-f90d-45d6-98e3-63472f860813_zpsceaa7b31.jpg?t=1369572633

January 15, 2014 9:03 pm  #11

I'd like to see something from the "Valley of fear" altough I know it's difficult because half of the book is not about Sherlock..
In alternative the Adventure of the illustrious client with Baron Gruner as the new villain and Watson trying to distract him talking about chinese porcelain! I think this would be funny!! XD
Otherwise the Adventure of the three Garrideb!!

January 15, 2014 9:39 pm  #12

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Oh yes! I definitley vote for that. In my head it looks a bit like the opening to a James Bond movie with speedboats...not sure whether that's a good thing or not, haha. But Gatiss is a big Bond fan so who knows!

Yep, complete with corkscrew leap like in the last one with Pierce Brosnam. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png

The canon one is actually quite slow, with lots of calculating of speed, resistance and so on. I wonder what their version would have to look like, it should be about tactics, not so much about the chase itself. Like a game of chess between Sherlock and the villain, only then on fast moving boats. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/lol.png

January 15, 2014 10:05 pm  #13

We already had a lot from "The Valley of Fear" in the first two seasons (mainly in TBB)

I second more Sally! It's so sad that we didn't see one scene with her and Sherlock this season.

January 16, 2014 2:27 am  #14

More Mycroft
Another ( and a bit longer ) appearance by Anthea
Hopefully cases which will require more involvement from Lestrade.
A return of Billy Wiggins in a cameo or two.

January 16, 2014 2:35 am  #15

I would love to see their take on "The Adventure of the Red-Headed League".

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 16, 2014 3:46 am  #16

I like The Priory School and the Six Napoleons.

I would also like to see Harry. I am sorry that she and Mike Stamford were not at the wedding.

Now that Molly is not engaged (probably had something to do with her stabbing her Fiance's hand with a fork at the wedding), I think it's time to see more of her and Sherlock. She is undoubtedly the most intelligent woman Sherlock knows, so I am hoping for MORE MOLLY.

I am wondering if Mary will die in the fourth season. Perhaps in childbirth. I hope not, but Mary Mortsen is temporary in the Canon.

Also I hope Moriarty comes back. I miss him.

January 16, 2014 12:36 pm  #17

Aytoun wrote:

Stories; -

Characters;-
More of all the supporting characters, especially Lestrade who was given almost nothing to do in ‘His Last Vow’ and Donovan who was in series 3 for all of five minutes.

Harry Watson – I was disappointed that she didn’t appear at the wedding and where did all the gay people go in series 3? I’m not talking about Johnlock here, I mean characters like the couple who ran the hotel in Baskerville.

Moriarty – And I never thought I would say that as I’m usually a great one for leaving dead characters dead, but yes, I’ve missed him.

I also want to know who Mary really is and then I want her to die or leave.  Not just because I think that they should have gone for matter of fact, understated Johnlock (and after series 3 I’m convinced that they never will) but because it just isn’t going to work as the Sherlock, John and Mary show. Romance or bromance Sherlock and John are the glue that holds the show together.

Aside from my comment about Harry I also hope that they drop all the babies, dogs, parents (and deep breath because I know many people will disagree) long lost Holmes siblings. Let’s not turn it into a soap opera.   If anyone’s wondering I regard Harry as a separate case because it was established right from the beginning that John had a sister.

I agree. The Holmes Watson Watson Detective Agency would be a shark-jumping moment for the series. The "hitman with a heart of gold" trope is a tired one and I can't believe Moftiss went there.

I'd like some explanation for Sherlock being so off the whole series. Examples: 1. Inability to come up with any options for dealing with a bomb. Are we to believe that the man who can pick locks and open safes doesn't have at least some rudimentary knowledge of bomb defusing? 2. Slowness in figuring out who the target would be at Johns wedding even though John had told him his former CO had received more death threats than Sherlock? Is this the same guy who deciphered Adlers email in eight seconds? 3. Mary's "case." Sherlock had months to help her with Magnussen yet went to Appledore with no backup plan. Really? He had thirteen scenarios for escaping from Barts roof. What the hell is wrong with him?

January 16, 2014 3:10 pm  #18

LoveBug54 wrote:

Aytoun wrote:

Stories; -

Characters;-

I agree. The Holmes Watson Watson Detective Agency would be a shark-jumping moment for the series. The "hitman with a heart of gold" trope is a tired one and I can't believe Moftiss went there.

I'd like some explanation for Sherlock being so off the whole series. Examples: 1. Inability to come up with any options for dealing with a bomb. Are we to believe that the man who can pick locks and open safes doesn't have at least some rudimentary knowledge of bomb defusing? 2. Slowness in figuring out who the target would be at Johns wedding even though John had told him his former CO had received more death threats than Sherlock? Is this the same guy who deciphered Adlers email in eight seconds? 3. Mary's "case." Sherlock had months to help her with Magnussen yet went to Appledore with no backup plan. Really? He had thirteen scenarios for escaping from Barts roof. What the hell is wrong with him?

Not to mention his slightly unnerving scizophrenic behaviour at the wedding - slapping himself across the face and so on. Definitely not 100 %

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

http://9.asset.soup.io/asset/1715/0057_6c7d.gif

January 16, 2014 3:13 pm  #19

I actually started the threat to collect some stuff we would get excited about...to look into the future....there are enough other threats to mope around....

January 16, 2014 3:43 pm  #20

Yeah, it's fiction, people, sit back and enjoy the ride. 

Stealing from the other topic: Mary as McMurdo from The Valley of Fear. Make it happen Moftiss!

And Mycroft finally getting in trouble for the crimes he committed in order to save his brother's ass. Honestly, he can't go on pretending he's all powerful. Something needs to happen to him. 

Board footera