BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 10, 2012 1:56 pm  #1

Where does all this kittens business come from?

Anyone know?

I mean, it's pretty amusing and all that but not sure it entirely makes sense...and where did it all originate from??

For anyone who doesn't know what I'm on about, there's a phrase going round the Sherlockian fandom - "Martin Freeman is made of jam, kittens and rage".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 15, 2012 4:04 pm  #2

Re: Where does all this kittens business come from?

We'll having spent some time researching this I have to say I'm still not sure. There are masses of references to it on Tumblr. The 'jam' comes I think from a cartoon about the new kind of Doctor Watson liking jam. If you google Martin Freeman you actually get: is made of kittens as one of the results. I shall continue in my quest to find out the origins but I may be some time!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 16, 2012 4:25 pm  #3

Lol, yeah it's going all over the internet!

February 18, 2012 4:48 pm  #4

Tumblr, whilst a brilliant artistic resource, doesn't index well.

The earliest I can find of this meme is from here and that's a repost from her blog which contains the original 'made of kittens' reference.

Feel free to go through all of her stream to find the first time it was used.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

February 18, 2012 10:46 pm  #5

June 4, 2016 6:45 pm  #6

Reviving an old thread here, but this is my take on the meme:

To me "kittens, jam and rage" sums up Martin's looks and personality in a very awesome way.

kittens = cute and cuddly
jam = traditional English
rage = sassy and snarky

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

Board footera