BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2014 7:34 pm  #1

Any mistakes?

Yeah, I know, nit-picking such a great episode is probably a bit mean but also funny, I think.
So, do you noticed any mistakes? I got three so far (oh, that fits the context ):
- When Major Sholto arrived at the wedding John asked him, where he lives these days. But how could John send him an invitation card when he doesn't have his adress?
- Where did Sherlock get the Bearskin from when he sneaked into the guards house?
- Sherlock said it took him years to figure John's middle name out. He finally had to steal his birth certificate to find it out. So when John told him and Irene his middle name in SIB Sherlock must have already known. The timespan between ASiP and the end of TRF is 18 month, so SIB was probably around a year after John moved in. So, years to find out was slightly exaggerated .

Anyone else?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 8, 2014 7:39 pm  #2

Re: Any mistakes?

Only one thing comes to mind so far- when Lestrade gets the two "lightweights" out of their cell in the morning, you can see that Sherlock's arm is hanging down from the cot, and in the next shot a second later, it's resting on his stomach.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

January 8, 2014 7:42 pm  #3

Frankly, I'm not ready yet for looking for mistakes.
I'm looking forward to dealing with all those slip-ups and mistakes in the near future - during the looong hiatus between series 3 and 4. This will be so much fun - and at least we will have something to do then..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 8, 2014 7:52 pm  #4

Because both wear uniforms with tight belts. Not so easy to practice that with somebody else on the street. And also the guard is not allowed to move.

January 8, 2014 7:56 pm  #5

1. I assumed that John called or e-mailed the invitation to Major Sholto. 

2. I had read that one somewhere else. I have no satisfactory answer.

3. One year must feel like ages to Sherlock. He is not so good waiting for anything 

Board footera