BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2014 2:28 pm  #1

Impressions, good and bad

I've seen this episode several times through now, and this is some of what I'm thinking as I do so:

1).  I want to see what's in that match box!  It produces a rare, genuine Sherlock smile!

2).  I would give an obscene amount of money to see Sherlock holding John and Mary's baby.  I wonder if it would soften him at all.

3).  I love Mary - how she likes Sherlock immediately and how she doesn't stay put when John tells her to.  And I like how John's first reaction when he learns they're in danger is to kiss Mary.

4).  I love how The Woman interferes with Sherlock's thoughts while he's trying to deduce.  Quite telling, I think.

5).  I cry during his speech and also when he leaves early - and I'm mad at Molly for not going after him.  I'd rather have less of the real thing than all of a bad substitute - even if it meant no sex (at least until I could convince him to try it).

6).  Drunk Sherlock is a riot!  I wonder if he'd be easier to take advantage of . . . Did I just say that out loud?  

January 8, 2014 2:34 pm  #2

Re: Impressions, good and bad

But Molly is engaged now. She has been there for him but, with their 'history' (i.e. her being totally in love with him) it just wasn't her place to go after him in a moment where he was so vulnerable and looking for company - because he no longer had John.
I think that's what her face is expressing when she glances at him... what he needs is not her, in that moment.

Board footera