BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 7, 2014 4:29 pm  #1

John's "new" arrival

So John never had a child in the canon. But he's expecting one now. Considering the negative consequences that will have on him and Sherlock's relationship (John can't run around anymore being detective and taking risks with Uncle Sherlock), what do you think the outcome is going to be?

We know that John had more than one marriages. So will there be an early split with the new bride and groom? Will CAM cause a miscarriage? Will the dangers (and possible damage) incurred by Mary during a case cause her to leave John? There is no pregnancy and Sherlock mis-read the signs?

How do you guys figure this little bundle of joy/sorrow will play into the mix?

I will NEVER fire a gun IN my mouth when I'm planning on Stayin Alive! 

The clue that everyone missed?

January 7, 2014 4:52 pm  #2

Re: John's "new" arrival

I don't believe she is pregnant at all. Or, she will lose the baby - and possibly die too.

Either way, there will not be a new arrival.

January 7, 2014 4:57 pm  #3

Her and the "baby" dying may definitely deliver what the creators promised for the season finale indeed...

Last edited by Stayin Alive (January 7, 2014 4:58 pm)

January 7, 2014 5:11 pm  #4

They already signed up for a season 4, and the actors want the series to continue, so I don't think retirement will come so soon...

January 7, 2014 5:50 pm  #5

I think that there won't be a baby in the show. Either Mary is not really pregnat or she will die in the early month of pregnancy or she will suffer a miscarriage. 
I think John would be a great dad and Sherlock would be the coolest uncle a kid could ever have.

January 7, 2014 6:28 pm  #6

Is anyone else worried about Sherlock's drug problem? In the canon story Sign of 4, Holmes muses about, what everybody got out of the case. And he says, that he always has his cocaine bottle. Didn't someone say, Sherlock winds up in hospital in the next episode?

January 7, 2014 7:17 pm  #7

I do believe Mary is really pregnant but there's not going to be a John jr on the show. 
Something horrible is going to happen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 7, 2014 7:25 pm  #8

tonnaree wrote:

I do believe Mary is really pregnant but there's not going to be a John jr on the show. 
Something horrible is going to happen.

-------------------------------------------------------

January 7, 2014 7:44 pm  #9

Baby is not canon. In canon Mary dies of some disease, can't remember what. And Sherlock gets beaten up by Milverton's mooks, that'd explain the hospital scene. Though the hand is not Benedict's, I think, he's got longer fingers. 

January 7, 2014 7:45 pm  #10

Stayin Alive wrote:

They already signed up for a season 4, and the actors want the series to continue, so I don't think retirement will come so soon...

Well, it's still not officialy announced. That's what makes my worry.

Wouldn't it be too cruel to kill Mary and her unborn child? I mean, can you do this in TV, killing a pregnant women? That seems very cruel to me even for Moftiss.

Last edited by stoertebeker (January 7, 2014 7:59 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 7, 2014 7:46 pm  #11

stoertebeker wrote:

Stayin Alive wrote:

Wouldn't it be to cruel to kill Mary and her unborn child? I mean, can you do this in TV, killing a pregnant women? That seems very cruel to me even for Moftiss.

Depends on how you do it... and how you deal with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 7, 2014 8:21 pm  #12

stoertebeker wrote:

Well have no fear. They should announce it after HLV.

I found this, but I don't know how reliable it is. Nevertheless, don't be worried: http://www.bubblews.com/news/1987082-sherlock-season-4-confirmed

January 7, 2014 8:23 pm  #13

Mary Me wrote:

stoertebeker wrote:

Stayin Alive wrote:

Wouldn't it be to cruel to kill Mary and her unborn child? I mean, can you do this in TV, killing a pregnant women? That seems very cruel to me even for Moftiss.

Car, train, plane crash.....bombing....

January 7, 2014 8:44 pm  #14

Stayin Alive wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

stoertebeker wrote:

Car, train, plane crash.....bombing....

That all bothers me a bit. It would be John again who's world would crash around him. He already had to undergo so much in the past series. Loosing his wife would be one thing but loosing his wife and his child! I can hardly imagine how he could cope with that without breaking. Poor John .
I would like to keep Mary, I like her, but a child wouldn't indeed fit into the series. So I am afraid the pragnancy is Mary's death warrant. (Oh, that sounds nasty, sorry .) But on the other hand, I find this to obvious. About her death has been speculated as soon as her appearence was announced.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 7, 2014 8:52 pm  #15

Urrgh, does any one else find this week of waiting nearly as frustrating as the two years before (well one, in my case, but still).

"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 7, 2014 8:56 pm  #16

As Mouse said, I think that's why the first 2 episodes were so different. Because the last one will definitely be a killer! (pardon the pun)

January 7, 2014 8:58 pm  #17

stoertebeker wrote:

Urrgh, does any one else find this week of waiting nearly as frustrating as the two years before (well one, in my case, but still).

Yep, because this week will actually determine if the 2 year wait was well worth it! I believe it is. I have great confidence and faith in Moftiss and their creative talents. They brought us this far, and so far so good...

January 7, 2014 9:00 pm  #18

Stayin Alive wrote:

As Mouse said, I think that's why the first 2 episodes were so different. Because the last one will definitely be a killer! (pardon the pun)

I'm sure this series finale will be as mindblowing as the last one! If you take my meaning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 7, 2014 9:56 pm  #19

Can you kill a pregnant woman?

Well.... who's seen The Red Wedding in Game of Thrones?

Yes, yes you can.

January 7, 2014 10:03 pm  #20

I am going to the Bafta screening tomorrow. If they mention a 4th series in the Q&A (because I am sure there will be questions) I will let you know...

Board footera