BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 5, 2014 10:25 pm  #1

So... I've Got a Theory

Not sure if this is the right forum for it, but the only spoiler for episode 3 I know is the title, so I don't think this is really spoilery. I'd guess a few people would have the same idea as me. So here it is...

I think Mary Morstan (or however her name is spelt) is going to die.

So, episode 3 is called His Last Vow, right? Well, Sherlock made his last vow this episode. So seemingly the relationship between the 3/4 is an important factor in the episode. And why would they make it so important... If something doesn't go wrong? All the (2) seasons have ended in cliffhangers so far. So I think someone will die at the end of the episode. Or at least be on the verge of it.

They wouldn't kill off Sherlock. As he said, that's so 2 years ago. I doubt they'd kill John, so that leaves Mary and the baby, right? Well, Mary dies in the canon, doesn't she? So... Yeah. I think most likely she'll get shot or something, and John will be mad at Sherlock and blame him and the cases, but that's just my theory. Hopefully that won't happen, but that's what I think anyway.

January 5, 2014 10:28 pm  #2

Re: So... I've Got a Theory

I like your overall theory, but really, do you think John's and Sherlock's relationship would survive that? Sounds horrible to me! :'( I really do hope that somebody almost gets killed.

January 5, 2014 10:31 pm  #3

Well, the last part is made up from what I'd expect (speculation), but the rest is more actual theory , though I do hope that nobody does get killed.

Last edited by mujie (January 5, 2014 10:32 pm)

January 5, 2014 10:33 pm  #4

I'm pretty sure Mary is going to get killed, yeah. That's why they've made her pregnant, for even more feels. The child will survive though. That would just be a step too far. Unless she has a miscarriage.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 5, 2014 10:33 pm  #5

I think you are right. It would both make sense and be canon.

I think Sherlock and John's relationship will survive because it won't be Sherlock's fault, it will be Mary's. Well, maybe not her fault but it will have to do with a secret of hers from the past.

And Sherlick will fulfill his promise and be there for them... or for John at least.

Last edited by Mrs. Watson (January 6, 2014 12:31 am)

January 5, 2014 10:40 pm  #6

Something AWFUL is going to happen in the next episode.

I don't think John would blame it on Sherlock though..

January 5, 2014 11:22 pm  #7

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I'm pretty sure Mary is going to get killed, yeah. That's why they've made her pregnant, for even more feels. The child will survive though. That would just be a step too far. Unless she has a miscarriage.

And John will name it Hamish and he and Sherlock will raise him together!

ok.  I'll just go and sit over here in my johnlock corner and think about what I've done.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 5, 2014 11:30 pm  #8

Sherlock's vow (his only vow) is to protect the three of them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 5, 2014 11:31 pm  #9

tonnaree wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

And John will name it Hamish and he and Sherlock will raise him together!

ok.  I'll just go and sit over here in my johnlock corner and think about what I've done.

haha. And then Sherlock will turn into Modern Family...

January 5, 2014 11:39 pm  #10

Davina wrote:

*bursts into tears because of all the predicted feels*

January 5, 2014 11:42 pm  #11

Swanpride wrote:

I hate it when FF writers do that...using some female as some sort of broadmare and then killing her off as fast as possible, so that they can leave the gay pairing in perfect domestic bliss.

Either way, I have a baaaaad feeling, too. Though there is the possibility that something else will happen to Mary (like getting arrested for murder, or having to flee the country). But let's face it, the baby will most likely not make it...if Mary is even pregnant...perhaps she is ill instead.

It could be something simple like her being ill, yeah, although I favour a more dramatic death in a pool of blood. Still though, killing off the baby is HARRRRRSH.

January 5, 2014 11:46 pm  #12

Harsh. But like we've said before, Moffat is writing it.

Also, can you *really*, and I mean really, picture season 4 with Sherlok, John, Mary and a little baby?

No. Because it's not going to happen...

January 5, 2014 11:54 pm  #13

I think she'll have a miscarriage about a quarter of a way through the episode, then she'll die about three quarters of the way through. The two things won't be connected.

January 5, 2014 11:59 pm  #14

Swanpride wrote:

Who knows...they might surprise us....I mean, I didn't even expect that they would manage to make Mary THAT lovely. Can't we keep her....please? Just for one season more?

Again - and I feel I need to repeat once more, I am not saying this for Mary-bashing reasons - I don't personally think she is THAT lovely - she is alright. But the writers surely seem intent on making sure she is liked. And that is possibly not a good sign.

January 6, 2014 12:05 am  #15

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Davina wrote:

Yeah, and the title is "His LAST Vow". Just watched the trailer. I am scared, I am really scared now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 6, 2014 12:08 am  #16

stoertebeker wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Davina wrote:

Yeah, and the title is "His LAST Vow". Just watched the trailer. I am scared, I am really scared now.

Sherlock can't die again... I don't think it will be about him. And if the baddie for some reason does try to force John to choose between Sherlock and Mary, John will not choose Mary.

January 6, 2014 12:10 am  #17

Ozma wrote:

Something AWFUL is going to happen in the next episode.

I don't think John would blame it on Sherlock though..

I think Moffit is going to rip our bleeding hearts out with a red hot poker.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 6, 2014 12:12 am  #18

January 6, 2014 12:55 am  #19

And that, ladys and gentlemen, is the reason why we can't have anything nice

Im pretty certrain that they'll kill of either Mary, the Baby or both in the next Episode. Or even worse...leave us with one hell of a cliffhanger with no clue what so ever who might live and who will die.
The last episode had been way too happy with just a little doom glooming at the horizon...
And that will come with full force in the next episode, I'm afraid.

So for the next Episode please keep in mind:

( I try that more or less succesfull with Doctor Who where Moffat loves to torture the fans ;) )

Last edited by Mali (January 6, 2014 1:21 am)

John Watson: "He’s clueing for looks"

January 6, 2014 1:22 am  #20

Maybe I'm just an optimist.  Perhaps Mary will be kidnapped for most of the episode and the cliffhanger will simply be whether or not Sherlock and John rescue her in time.

John:  So you scratch their backs...
Sherlock:  Yes, and I disinfect myself.

Board footera