BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2014 2:12 pm  #1

He jumped for the snipers.

Recently,'The Empty Hearse' was broadcasted and they showed some survival theories. I've heard and seen other survival theories too. Most of them focus on how he might have survived but convinced John that he didn't. The point is,he made the fall for a different purpose. Moriarty clearly states that Sherlock's friends would get killed if his people don't see Sherlock jump. 
So,he had to jump for the shooters. Even if they replaced him by another corpse,the shooters would notice. Even if they brought an air bag,the shooters would notice. Sherlock would not know where all the shooters are located,nor does he know how many Moriarty's people are keeping an eye on him. If he knew,he'd have simply messaged Mycroft to take out those assassins and there would have been no need to jump.
All of the three theories shown in the recent episode,including the one that Sherlock tells Anderson,miss out on the point that Sherlock is watched by the shooters. 

Last edited by ruthinks (January 4, 2014 2:19 pm)

January 4, 2014 2:35 pm  #2

Re: He jumped for the snipers.

Hey ruthinks - welcome to the forum!

This question has been debated quite vocally in this thread: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=4041

I think you'll find many of us agree with you on your thoughts on it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

Board footera