BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 2, 2014 9:46 am  #1

Hamlet

Appatently Benedict will be playing Hamlet in London in the Autumn.  Anyone up for going?  (Daft question really but let me know). Sharon

"Oh no. You're...."
"Yes."
"Oh my God"
"..Not quite"
(The Empty Hearse) 

"I must stop twiddling things!"  (Benedict Cumberbatch, commentary 'A Scandal in Belgravia')

Do you ever have times when you have, like a whole pretend conversation with Sherlock in your head.  ..... What, NEVER!! .... Oh.  Right.    No, me either.

January 2, 2014 12:16 pm  #2

Re: Hamlet

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 3, 2014 3:42 am  #3

So Sorry.  Obviously I'm a bit over enthusiastic ! 

"Oh no. You're...."
"Yes."
"Oh my God"
"..Not quite"
(The Empty Hearse) 

"I must stop twiddling things!"  (Benedict Cumberbatch, commentary 'A Scandal in Belgravia')

Do you ever have times when you have, like a whole pretend conversation with Sherlock in your head.  ..... What, NEVER!! .... Oh.  Right.    No, me either.

February 25, 2014 4:46 pm  #4

Latest Twitter rumors: no Hamlet this year. Ben was interviewed by a Chinese magazine after he sees Coriolanus. And there he talked about "Summer or fall next year. I've also red that he canceled Blood Mountain. All the rumors......hopefully there will be some confirmations soon!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

February 25, 2014 4:47 pm  #5

This is strange provided it is true. No Sherlock, no Hamlet, no Crimson Peak, no Blood Mountain … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 25, 2014 4:59 pm  #6

Very strange. And we are back to fears we had already, Susi, hadn't we?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

February 25, 2014 5:01 pm  #7

Yep. But he seems quite relaxed, at least when appearing in public. But I really do not understand why all the secrecy if he has projects. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 25, 2014 5:23 pm  #8

It's very odd isn't it? I wonder how many other actors make so many changes? Rumours spread like wildfire thanks to social media and probably gather momentum before a script has even been written.

Whatever it is though I'm sure there's very good reason and we will see Ben in plenty of things this year

I'm clueing for looks

February 25, 2014 5:28 pm  #9

SusiGo wrote:

Yep. But he seems quite relaxed, at least when appearing in public. But I really do not understand why all the secrecy if he has projects. 

Well it can't all depend on this Star Wars rumour, can it?  That certainly is not enough.

(Tony Hadley)

February 25, 2014 5:29 pm  #10

Hi - just popped back on when I heard about this.
I wonder if something got lost in translation and he means this Summer or Fall?
It's quite sad otherwise, as at the moment it seems he has nothing on at all this year
I'm sure other Actors do have to change their plans but he seems to have had it happen with everything lined up for this year?

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

February 25, 2014 7:30 pm  #11

He has to film that "Z" film with Pattinson, hasn´t he? And maybe REALLY Star Wars. And he COULD have time for Sherlock. I would be fine with that :-)
But you´re right. All those secrets aren´t very funny. I have to plan my year, dear!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

February 25, 2014 7:33 pm  #12

If he wants to do Sherlock he must take some time to grow back his hair. It is really short at the moment. 
I am just reading "The Lost City of Z". Great story although I wonder about the age difference of the characters (more than 30 years) and Benedict and R. Pattinson (10 years). 

As for Hamlet - let us be patient. He only recently spoke about doing research for Hamlet and then mentioned in China that it will not happen this year? 

Last edited by SusiGo (February 25, 2014 7:34 pm)

February 25, 2014 8:07 pm  #13

Ok, with my Sherlock hat on, here's what I think:
He said to USA Today a couple of weeks ago that the film project looking most likely at the moment was Lost City of Z ( Susi, I'm wondering if Pattinson will play the author who retraced Fawxett's footsteps? I'm also wondering how Benedict is going to play a 57 year old - that'd how old Fawcett was when he set off on his last expedition!)
So, supposing that film is lined up...possibly.
Then he said Hamlet was happening in the Fall...so unless or until his people say otherwise, I'm going with that latest interview being mistranslated, or Benedict has said next Fall, meaning this coming Fall.
I thought Blood Mountain kind of came from nowhere anyway, and kind of suspected his name had been linked with it to get financial backing but no real package had been put together so I'm not really surprised about that.
Then there's the secret project he himself mentioned at the recent convention - Star Wars? Flying Horse?
It would seem very strange that he dropped out of Crimson Tide with nothing else lined up, but who knows?
Those are my deductions, anyway !

Last edited by Tinks (February 25, 2014 8:07 pm)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

February 25, 2014 8:25 pm  #14

As far as I know Pattinson is said to play his son who went with him into the jungle. Bit strange. Fawcett was quite fit for his age but 57 … well … 

February 25, 2014 8:52 pm  #15

Hmm- I think a lot of make up will be required then!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

February 26, 2014 11:14 am  #16

Just found this. All this is getting stranger and stranger. 

http://cumberlordfb.tumblr.com/post/77898111014/according-to-benedicts-agents-hamlet-might-be

I am really patient but he has not had a big project since last November. No Sherlock 4, no Blood Mountain, no Crimson Peak, possibly no Hamlet, according to the Chinese telephone interview no film with Gary Oldman which he said was just gossip … 

Last edited by SusiGo (February 26, 2014 11:18 am)

February 26, 2014 11:22 am  #17

Well, he does have something coming up, right? He said in Birmingham he's on a diet for a project, so... something is going to happen.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 26, 2014 11:32 am  #18

I thought this was for Lost City of Z? I am sure something will come up. It is just not like him to have no real project going for more than three months and only one half-confirmed film for the near future.

Maybe I am just a bit fed up with all the secrecy. I do not understand why this is necessary. 

Last edited by SusiGo (February 26, 2014 11:32 am)

February 26, 2014 11:44 am  #19

I'd wait and see about Hamlet - I'm still not convinced it's not on this year until he announces it himself.
It doesn't make sense that he pulled out of Crimson Tide but doesn't seem to have anything else on so maybe he is working on something?
Although if he's free to fly over to the Oscars it makes you wonder.
I completely understand and support his desire for privacy in his personal life but I don't really understand why there's so much secrecy and vagueness over his work projects.
I know some directors like to keep things under wraps, but surely not all of them?
It's all very odd, it seems.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

February 26, 2014 11:56 am  #20

I guess you never know with projects that are still in development. Maybe when he signed on for "Crimson Tide" he didn't really know the script yet or changes were made afterwards, and he just didn't feel like doing it anymore because of that?
I'm sure he has very good reasons for dropping out of projects. Secrecy about new projects may have to do with lots of factors - how was that in the past, I mean, I only just joined the Cumbercollective last July, so I don't really know how it worked two or three years ago. Also that much secrecy?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera