BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 20, 2016 11:19 am  #141

Re: Sherlock's relationship with Mycroft

Vhanja wrote:

I really didn't know where to put this, but I found a meta about Sherlock growing up that I think is absolutely amazing. So I wanted to share:

https://asherlockstudy.tumblr.com/post/149032090585/the-seventh-stranger-ace-sherlock-holmes

Thanks for sharing Vhanja ! 
Reading it make my heart twitch.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end... all hearts are broken... Caring is not an advantage... Sherlock."

October 20, 2016 3:14 pm  #142

Mycroft is shady at best, we know he has done some rather questionable things in the past: kidnapping John, stealing a jumbo jet worth of dead bodies, torturing Moriarty... but I believe him that he does it all with good intentions, but in the end he is as damaged as Sherlock is and with the power he commands, it comes out in the most scary ways.

For the meta: very interesting. Actually complies with a lot of my own head canon. For some reason Mycroft seems to have played a much bigger part in Sherlock's upbringing than an older sibling should have to shoulder. Also, going by the TEH comment about the other children, Mycroft must have been isolated for a very long time. For him and Sherlock to judge the younger one an idiot, and for Sherlock to be able to remember it, I think Sherlock must have been at the very least four or five. I think Sherlock and Mycroft are meant to be seven years apart, which would make Mycroft at least eleven when he first interacted with other children, rather unsuccessfully it appears. I would think that he fanatically latched on to Sherlock, now seeing that he would be the only living thing that he could half-way connect to in this world of goldfish. That would be enough to create the two men we see today: one desperately trying to protect and connect the one person he can relate to, and one feeling forever smothered and just not good enough. 

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    http://i.picasion.com/av/83/2rrf.jpg

October 20, 2016 4:04 pm  #143

Lola Red wrote:

Mycroft is shady at best, we know he has done some rather questionable things in the past: kidnapping John, stealing a jumbo jet worth of dead bodies, torturing Moriarty... but I believe him that he does it all with good intentions, but in the end he is as damaged as Sherlock is and with the power he commands, it comes out in the most scary ways.

For the meta: very interesting. Actually complies with a lot of my own head canon. For some reason Mycroft seems to have played a much bigger part in Sherlock's upbringing than an older sibling should have to shoulder. Also, going by the TEH comment about the other children, Mycroft must have been isolated for a very long time. For him and Sherlock to judge the younger one an idiot, and for Sherlock to be able to remember it, I think Sherlock must have been at the very least four or five. I think Sherlock and Mycroft are meant to be seven years apart, which would make Mycroft at least eleven when he first interacted with other children, rather unsuccessfully it appears. I would think that he fanatically latched on to Sherlock, now seeing that he would be the only living thing that he could half-way connect to in this world of goldfish. That would be enough to create the two men we see today: one desperately trying to protect and connect the one person he can relate to, and one feeling forever smothered and just not good enough. 

I agree with everything that has just been said here.http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/love.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end... all hearts are broken... Caring is not an advantage... Sherlock."

October 20, 2016 10:59 pm  #144

Here's an article that wellingtongoose wrote about Mycroft's job that I find very informative:

http://wellingtongoose.tumblr.com/post/32412162614/enigma1

According to her article, Mycroft is a civil servant who specializes in disaster management.  Read the article and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Last edited by kgreen20 (October 20, 2016 11:05 pm)

October 20, 2016 11:14 pm  #145

kgreen20 wrote:

Here's an article that wellingtongoose wrote about Mycroft's job that I find very informative:

http://wellingtongoose.tumblr.com/post/32412162614/enigma1

According to her article, Mycroft is a civil servant who specializes in disaster management.  Read the article and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Thank you so much for that link Kgreen20 !

April 19, 2017 1:12 am  #146

I love Microfts character so much❤️❤️❤️. I love his and Sherlock reaction to baby Rosie

April 19, 2017 5:46 am  #147

That is one of the funniest moments!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera