BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2012 11:31 am  #1

RSC criticises Sherlock's periodic table

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 27, 2012 11:50 am  #2

Re: RSC criticises Sherlock's periodic table

That's just silly. He keeps his judo certificate above his bed, Adler's phone is around somewhere and well as other knickknacks. It's not impossible to imagine that particular periodic table was either a gift or holds as close to sentimental importance to Sherlock as he can get.

Also chemistry, for the best part, is like riding a bicycle - not too many chemists have to refer to the periodic table.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

March 27, 2012 12:16 pm  #3

Oh that is just brilliant PR. Honestly, if it hadn't had the words BBC, Sherlock and Moffat in it would you have read a press release about an updated periodic table? Kudos to them for tapping into pop culture to generate interest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

March 27, 2012 12:19 pm  #4

That's what I was thinking Wholocked.
Wonder how many more will jump on the bandwagon? lol

But it is funny, the reactions to it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 27, 2012 12:20 pm  #5

agree with m0r1arty... Watson once said that Sherlock chemistry knowledge is profound, I believe he already memorize all the content of periodic table and store in his mind palace.

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

March 27, 2012 12:41 pm  #6

Yeah the periodic table on his wall is just because he likes it - it's like having a poster of the Beatles or something...he's just a geeky science person, he doesn't actually need to refer to it all the time. I don't like the one they're proposing to send to Moffat, looks horrible.

March 27, 2012 1:37 pm  #7

Of course it's a 19th Century periodic table. Sherlock Holmes lived in the 19th Century in the original stories didn't he? Also why would someone not have an old, out of date version of something on their wall? That's what people do, don't they? Presumably Sherlock knows the periodic table off by heart anyway, since he is an expert...like. The periodic table was chosen because they thought it was something that Sherlock would like.

Scientists always say they are imaginative people really and I am sure many are but really this lot make me a little doubtful!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 27, 2012 5:48 pm  #8

I've now purchased my own Periodic Table wall chart/poster off Amazon. I couldn't find one like Sherlock's but tried to get a "traditional" looking one. Looking forward to its imminent arrival! 

March 27, 2012 8:59 pm  #9

Skull poster next then? Or do you have one already?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 27, 2012 9:07 pm  #10

Not yet...I'm working on that one. I want to 221B my house.

I've ordered a bunch of other geekish things off Amazon though...like Chemistry text books and a couple of books about the "mind palace" technique, and more cipher decryption books...Once they've arrived I'm going to make a topic on here for Sherlock inspired books.

I'd like a Union Jack cushion as well.

March 27, 2012 9:17 pm  #11

Now I've seem Union Jack cushions around. I'll have to thInk where!

March 27, 2012 9:18 pm  #12

You need a Cleudo board stuck to your wall too!

March 27, 2012 9:21 pm  #13

Ahhh yeah...I haven't played Cluedo for years. "It was Mrs Peacock in the dining room with the candlestick". I used to enjoy that game as a kid actually. Might have to buy a copy, play it once, then knife it to the wall....

March 27, 2012 9:21 pm  #14

Not sure graffiting a smiley face on the wall would go down too well though...might have to skip that one. 

March 27, 2012 9:25 pm  #15

But a knife in the wall will?  Lol!

March 27, 2012 9:30 pm  #16

Oh right yeah...forgot about that one...maybe I could get a cork board and knife it into that...

Board footera