BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 31, 2013 3:09 pm  #1

Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2013

Hey all,

for those of you who haven't heard of this before: we are going to have a Secret Santa Fic exchange this year, everyone who likes to write (and read) fanfiction can participate.

This is how it works:
Those who want to participate submit and enter a few keywords (something they wish to read about in the fic they'll get), and once all participants are accounted for, everyone is secretly distributed one of the challenges which they then have to write. That way, every participant writes one story and also gets one story.

Writing starts in the middle of November, the first story is published on December 1, the second on the following day and so on. If there are going to be more writers than days, there will be several new stories per day.

The stories are published anonymously, it's only revealed for whom they are, true Secret Santa style. After Christmas, the writers can be revealed.

Details:

Everyone who'd like to participate can send me the following details via PM:

- their pen name/the name they'd like to see announced when the authors'll be revealed after Christmas
- their wishes for the story they'll get (not the one they'll write- it's part of the challenge not to know in advance): say maybe up to three things regarding genre, and you can also name characters and pairings (please be specific whether or not it should be friendship or romance)
- if someone is uncomfortable writing about same sex pairings (or anything else), they should please say so
- if there's something you don't, under no circumstances, want to read (or write) about, please also say so
- submitting means to accept whichever challenge you'll get (on the above mentioned terms and respecting your specifics) and include the wishes of the respective recipient; in return, someone will do you the same favour
- the story should have a minimum length of 221 words

Since the stories will be posted in this thread, the content should be suitable for most ages and there shouldn't be any explicit sex scenes/ gore/ violence. Furthermore, there shouldn't be any spoilers for the new season.

Registration will end on November 10, that way I can sort it all out and distribute the Secret Santas so that the writing can begin on November 15. Ideally, the finished stories should be sent to me on November 30 at the latest. If for some reason your story isn't finished by then, please tell me, so that I can schedule it for a later date.

I'll put all the names in a bag and draw, along with the December dates- that way it's a genuine Secret Santa. There will of course be some minor adjustments which might have to be made (concerning the contents and, in one case, the date), but apart from that, it'll be entirely down to chance who'll write for whom.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

November 1, 2013 2:42 pm  #2

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2013

Submitted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 1, 2013 10:35 pm  #3

Schmiezi wrote:

Submitted.

^ This

-------------------------------------------------------

November 4, 2013 6:14 pm  #4

Just a friendly reminder that we only have nine participants altogether so far. Anyone who's interested can still submit until November 10.

Spread the word! 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

November 4, 2013 7:07 pm  #5

I have a question, is there a maximum word limit? Should we maybe try to limit the size or does it matter? 

November 4, 2013 7:13 pm  #6

Feel free to write as much as you like (or as the story demands).

November 4, 2013 7:15 pm  #7

Submitted 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 4, 2013 7:20 pm  #8

Kerkerian wrote:

Awesome! Thanks! 

November 4, 2013 7:44 pm  #9

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Kerkerian wrote:

Awesome! Thanks! 

You're very welcome!

November 5, 2013 5:52 am  #10

Five days!

November 5, 2013 11:24 am  #11

This is a brilliant idea! Can we post all the stories on AO3 afterwards?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 5, 2013 12:03 pm  #12

I think this should stay a forum thing ...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 5, 2013 1:26 pm  #13

I think everyone should decide that for themselves. As far as I'm concerned, it's okay if you want to post it somewhere else afterwards.

November 5, 2013 3:00 pm  #14

Personally, I wouldn't mind. But I think for each story we should ask both members, the one who wrote it and the one who got it.

How many participants do we have now?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 5, 2013 4:33 pm  #15

Eleven, if I counted correctly.

November 6, 2013 6:15 am  #16

Four days to go!

November 6, 2013 3:31 pm  #17

Oh no, I forgot the right expression again! How do you call it, when you post just to have the threat high up in the "recent post" list? Well, anyway, just did that.

November 6, 2013 4:11 pm  #18

Kerkerian wrote:

I think everyone should decide that for themselves. As far as I'm concerned, it's okay if you want to post it somewhere else afterwards.

Yes, I agree completely with this! Let everyone decide for themselves where/when they'll post their stories after the authors are revealed

"Just once, can you two behave like grownups?"
"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants so I wouldn't hold out too much hope." - Mycroft Holmes and John Watson, Sherlock, A Scandal in Belgravia, Season 2

"Well, Mr. Holmes. I’ve seen you handle a good many cases in my time but I don’t know that I ever knew a more workman like one than this. We’re not jealous of you, you know, at Scotland Yard. No, sir, we’re proud of you. And if you come down tomorrow there’s not a man from the oldest inspector to the youngest constable, who wouldn’t be glad to shake you by the hand." - Inspector Lestrade, The Six Napoleons

November 6, 2013 4:43 pm  #19

Schmiezi wrote:

Oh no, I forgot the right expression again! How do you call it, when you post just to have the threat high up in the "recent post" list? Well, anyway, just did that.

I'm not sure either, "pushing" maybe?
Thank you for doing that, it cheered me up immensely on a horrible day.

November 6, 2013 7:50 pm  #20

Push, push...

Board footera