BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 21, 2013 4:31 pm  #1

wondering

I was wondering if You could chouse a character from a book, older TV show or older movie that would be perfect for Benedict to play which one would it be. I would pick Oberon from Midsummer's Night's Dream. 

Madwitch 58
The Madwitch of the Midwest

October 21, 2013 5:37 pm  #2

Re: wondering

Oh, last week we were discussing our hope for a Pier Paolo Pasolini biopic with him. In case that counts ... 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 21, 2013 6:00 pm  #3

I'd like to see him as the lead in a musical.  Guys and Dolls maybe or Company.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 21, 2013 6:22 pm  #4

ok, let's go for historical figures

Ancient history
Gaius Gracchus
Brutus

Medieval times
Roland (ok, not completely historical but almost )
Abelard
St. Francis of Assisi

Renaissance
Giordano Bruno
Henry II king of France

XVIIth-XVIIIth century
Peter the Great, zar of Russia
Lavoisier

XIXth century
Byron
Rhodes

October 21, 2013 6:28 pm  #5

Hmmm...I am thinking Roland from the Two Towers....just about perfect, because they have never made a movie of any of those books.  (I can see him with a pair of pisols about his waist...)

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

October 21, 2013 6:34 pm  #6

miriel68 wrote:

ok, let's go for historical figures

Ah, miriel, I had hoped for some support for the Pasolini project. Alas! 

Last edited by Harriet (October 21, 2013 6:35 pm)

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 22, 2013 11:16 am  #7

Harriet, I am sorry, I surely admire Pasolini, but I have neve had much sympathy for him as a person. But thinking about Italians... what about Rudolph Valentino, lol ?

October 22, 2013 11:33 am  #8

Not bad, the silent movie style would fit him well. And Byron would be a great choice. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 22, 2013 12:13 pm  #9

Byron, wow 

August 6, 2014 7:35 pm  #10

1.  Lord Vetinari in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series.  He's got the looks and comic timing to carry it off brilliantly.

2.  I'm rereading Georgette Heyer's The Black Moth.  Last night it occurred to me that Benedict has the talent and range to play all four of the major male characters: the handsome, devil-may-care Jack Carstares, his weak brother Richard who gradually grows a spine, young Andrew the charming wastrel, and the heartless Devil, his Grace of Andover.  - In his various roles, we have seen his transformative talent - naive, weak, charming, cunning, cold...  How awesome would it be to see a film in which he plays all four roles (think Inseparable on steroids!).

August 7, 2014 4:44 am  #11

Just the other day, I was thinking Benedict would be great as one of the archangels on SyFy's new TV show Dominion. He'd be my first choice if they brought in Raphael in future episodes. (Alas, I don't see them getting Benedict actually happening.)

Board footera