BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 21, 2012 5:16 pm  #1

Beryl Vertue

This week Beryl Vertue was given a Royal Television Society Lifetime Achievement Award. Sue tweeted that they managed to keep it a secret from her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 21, 2012 11:21 pm  #2

Re: Beryl Vertue

I saw that - well done to her!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 31, 2012 10:24 pm  #3

beryl vertue is Sue Vertues mum,  also Steven Moffatt's mum-in-law.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 20, 2016 10:10 pm  #4

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 21, 2016 7:32 am  #5

Love 'the date' pic!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 3, 2016 7:54 am  #6

Cumberbatch gives Sherlock producer Vertue top TV award

Benedict Cumberbatch has given Sherlock producer Beryl Vertue a lifetime achievement prize at the Women In Film and TV Awards.
Vertue, who is executive producer of the hugely successful show, was honoured for her contribution to television, in which she has worked for more than 50 years.
Her other shows including Up Pompeii, Steptoe And Son and Men Behaving Badly.
Sherlock star Cumberbatch said it was an "absolute honour" to give the prize.
'True legend'
"We have known each other a long time and not only have I had the pleasure of working with her, but I'm very lucky to know her and call such a brilliant woman my friend," he said at the London ceremony.
Vertue said she felt "rather proud", adding that the awards were "wonderful because there a lot of clever women and a lot of them are behind-the-scenes people, and this is their way of being recognised. I like that and they've been chosen by their peers".
She is founder and chair of the independent television production company Hartswood Films, which makes Sherlock.
The awards' chief executive Kate Kinninmont said Vertue was a "true legend", adding: "We have seen some fantastic women achieving great things this year and the diverse range of winners is testament to that."
BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg was given the news and factual award by former shadow chancellor and Strictly Come Dancing competitor Ed Balls.
Diver Tom Daley gave broadcaster Gabby Logan the UK presenter award, while actress Sarah Lancashire won the best performance award.
Other winners included Suffragette director Sarah Gavron, who won the director award, while Julia Davis won the creative skillset writing prize.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38182900

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 3, 2016 11:38 am  #7

Well deserved for an impressive career, started at a time when women were pioneers in this profession. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera