BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



July 16, 2013 10:07 pm  #21


Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

sj4iy wrote:

I'm thinking the bench scene is the two of them discussing John moving out when he gets married and not helping with cases anymore.  It seems really somber, and I can't think of anything more somber than that for Sherlock and John.  The end of their adventures.

True. But why should that happen? In the canon, John still helps Sherlock with cases, right? (I have to admit, I haven't read much original storys jet.)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."
 

July 17, 2013 1:01 am  #22


Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

stoertebeker wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

I'm thinking the bench scene is the two of them discussing John moving out when he gets married and not helping with cases anymore.  It seems really somber, and I can't think of anything more somber than that for Sherlock and John.  The end of their adventures.

True. But why should that happen? In the canon, John still helps Sherlock with cases, right? (I have to admit, I haven't read much original storys jet.)

I doubt that John would want to put his wife in that kind of danger.  He is often targeted because of his association with Sherlock, and Mary would definitely be a target, too.


__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.
     Thread Starter
 

July 17, 2013 1:46 pm  #23


Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

I like the thought of Mary being a part of the Sherlock family soon, as well as Molly, Lestrade and so on. In many fan fictions she is presented as either boring or vicious but I think we can look forward to a lovely character with a great story. Me too thinks that her appearance will make for a different dynamic between John and Sherlock and that this has not necessarily to be a bad thing...

Last edited by Mary Me (July 17, 2013 1:46 pm)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"



http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh602/Chiavra/ebd74ea2-f90d-45d6-98e3-63472f860813_zpsceaa7b31.jpg?t=1369572633
 

July 17, 2013 1:59 pm  #24


Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Mary Me wrote:

I like the thought of Mary being a part of the Sherlock family soon, as well as Molly, Lestrade and so on. In many fan fictions she is presented as either boring or vicious but I think we can look forward to a lovely character with a great story. Me too thinks that her appearance will make for a different dynamic between John and Sherlock and that this has not necessarily to be a bad thing...

I agree with this wholeheartedly.  Honestly, I think some people are jealous of her character, and are afraid that she will "ruin" Sherlock and John's relationship.  If she's mean, spiteful and jealous, that might happen...but her character in the canon wasn't anything like that.  She would know how much John cares for Sherlock (I believe they filmed a scene where John visits the grave), and I can't imagine that she would want to get in the way of their friendship when Sherlock comes back.  However, John will feel obligated to put Mary first (like he should), so that will change the dynamic of their friendship.


__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.
     Thread Starter
 

July 17, 2013 2:43 pm  #25


Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

John will still go out on cases with Sherlock, even if he moves out. I don't see why that would change. It didn't in the canon. Mary was fine about John running off with Sherlock in the middle of the night (literally sometimes).


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

http://9.asset.soup.io/asset/1715/0057_6c7d.gif
 

July 17, 2013 2:47 pm  #26


Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

John will still go out on cases with Sherlock, even if he moves out. I don't see why that would change. It didn't in the canon. Mary was fine about John running off with Sherlock in the middle of the night (literally sometimes).

They may not, but why would he put his wife in danger like that?  His girlfriend Sarah was almost killed simply because she was with him, and John has been kidnapped (and will be kidnapped again) numerous times.  I know I wouldn't risk it if I were him.


__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.
     Thread Starter
 

July 17, 2013 4:44 pm  #27


Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Maybe Mary can put up with this lifestyle. John has actually no reason to assume that she will be targeted - Moriarty is dead after all. However, after what happens to him in the bonfire could change his mind. I fear that we will lose her in the last episode.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"



http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh602/Chiavra/ebd74ea2-f90d-45d6-98e3-63472f860813_zpsceaa7b31.jpg?t=1369572633
 

July 17, 2013 4:55 pm  #28


Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Mary Me wrote:

Maybe Mary can put up with this lifestyle. John has actually no reason to assume that she will be targeted - Moriarty is dead after all. However, after what happens to him in the bonfire could change his mind. I fear that we will lose her in the last episode.

John was also targeted by a Chinese gang.  I would also imagine that he goes back to work as a doctor after Sherlock's "death" in order to make a living...so he'd have to continue that in order to make a living.  But Sherlock is a public figure now...and the more John is associated with him, the more likely it would be that Mary could be targeted.  I just don't think it would be responsible of John to do that to his wife, even if Mary were fine with it.  I wouldn't think that they would kill her off only one episode after he marries her...that would be extremely cruel, but it also wouldn't give the audience much time to get to know her, which I think they should allow in order for the audience to make the connection.  Of course I'm guessing that, as we don't know yet, but it seems too quick.  Eventually John will move back in with Sherlock (if the series makes it that far), but I don't think it will be this series.


__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.
     Thread Starter
 

July 17, 2013 5:28 pm  #29


Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

sj4iy wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

Maybe Mary can put up with this lifestyle. John has actually no reason to assume that she will be targeted - Moriarty is dead after all. However, after what happens to him in the bonfire could change his mind. I fear that we will lose her in the last episode.

John was also targeted by a Chinese gang.  I would also imagine that he goes back to work as a doctor after Sherlock's "death" in order to make a living...so he'd have to continue that in order to make a living.  But Sherlock is a public figure now...and the more John is associated with him, the more likely it would be that Mary could be targeted.  I just don't think it would be responsible of John to do that to his wife, even if Mary were fine with it.  I wouldn't think that they would kill her off only one episode after he marries her...that would be extremely cruel, but it also wouldn't give the audience much time to get to know her, which I think they should allow in order for the audience to make the connection.  Of course I'm guessing that, as we don't know yet, but it seems too quick.  Eventually John will move back in with Sherlock (if the series makes it that far), but I don't think it will be this series.

I don't think that would be too quick. Think of Irene Adler - even though she was given only one episode to show up she has left such a huge impression. Three episodes can be quite a long time, though. I'm guessing that John will move back to Baker Street in the end.
Or at least this is the assumption and when we sit there in excitement something really bad happens to him (for instance getting hit by a truck) and BOOM series is ending. 
 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"



http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh602/Chiavra/ebd74ea2-f90d-45d6-98e3-63472f860813_zpsceaa7b31.jpg?t=1369572633
 

July 17, 2013 8:08 pm  #30


Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Maybe the last episode will end with something bad happen to both, John and Mary - an accident, an explosion, a shooting. Sherlock is forced to watch and not able to prevent the terrible event. And in the end, it is uncertain, who survived. I still think, it is very cruel to kill Mary, but that's what I suppose could happen.

Last edited by stoertebeker (July 17, 2013 8:38 pm)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."
 

July 17, 2013 8:13 pm  #31


Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

But Mary is "her", not "his"...


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."


I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!
http://up.picr.de/25572077rl.jpg



                                                                                                                  
 

July 17, 2013 8:44 pm  #32


Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Yes, well, but we don't know yet, what the other two words will be. Maybe it won't be 'His last bow'. After all, that wouldn't be very creative http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/wink.png
.

Last edited by stoertebeker (July 17, 2013 8:47 pm)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."
 

July 17, 2013 8:47 pm  #33


Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

stoertebeker wrote:

Yes, well, we don't know yet, what the other two words will be. Maybe it won't be 'His last bow'. After all, that wouldn't be very creative http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/wink.png
.

what about "his last her"?http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."


I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!
http://up.picr.de/25572077rl.jpg



                                                                                                                  
 

July 17, 2013 8:51 pm  #34


Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Or His Last Kiss (John's for Mary)? 


------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

http://up.picr.de/28609194so.png

 
 

July 17, 2013 10:16 pm  #35


Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

His last relationship ... his last woman ... his last marriage... his last breath... his last words... his last confession...

Stroke of genius, I know.
 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"



http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh602/Chiavra/ebd74ea2-f90d-45d6-98e3-63472f860813_zpsceaa7b31.jpg?t=1369572633
 

July 17, 2013 10:23 pm  #36


Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Oh my god, did you see the picture that Arwel Wyn Jones posted? http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/worried.png


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"



http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh602/Chiavra/ebd74ea2-f90d-45d6-98e3-63472f860813_zpsceaa7b31.jpg?t=1369572633
 

July 17, 2013 10:24 pm  #37


Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Which one?


__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.
     Thread Starter
 

July 17, 2013 10:26 pm  #38


Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Since this is a spoiler thread I assume it's okay to leave this here.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/0d5533d92fa34af305238b96c98a5913/tumblr_mq1sl1Jw4d1s2nw0ho1_500.jpg


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"



http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh602/Chiavra/ebd74ea2-f90d-45d6-98e3-63472f860813_zpsceaa7b31.jpg?t=1369572633
 

July 17, 2013 10:28 pm  #39


Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Hmm...I don't recognize it, do you?


__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.
     Thread Starter
 

July 17, 2013 10:31 pm  #40


Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Indeed. It's John's old flat we see in the opening sequences of Study in Pink.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"



http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh602/Chiavra/ebd74ea2-f90d-45d6-98e3-63472f860813_zpsceaa7b31.jpg?t=1369572633
 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum