BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 8, 2013 1:47 pm  #1

Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

I thought it would be nice to have a catch-all series 3 discussion about what we look forward to...but maybe you already know something specific and would love to talk about it   The mods said that this was fine as long as people were warned about it in very big letters.

AGAIN, SPOILERS, DON'T COME FURTHER IF YOU WANT NO PART OF SPOILERS OR SPOILER DISCUSSIONS!!!!

Pictures are welcome, if you want, and whether something makes you happy or sad.  If you want to discuss TRF with spoilers, there's another thread for that which can be found here.  Have fun!

Last edited by sj4iy (July 8, 2013 1:49 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 8, 2013 2:19 pm  #2

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Guess I'll start  I can't wait to see the stag party and bar hopping.  I have a feeling that I will be laughing the entire time XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

July 8, 2013 4:28 pm  #3

sj4iy wrote:

Guess I'll start  I can't wait to see the stag party and bar hopping.  I have a feeling that I will be laughing the entire time XD

Yes, that would be awesome. But I can't believe they're really going to do a stag party. Probably more like investigating a case in the bars or so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

July 8, 2013 4:43 pm  #4

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Yes, that would be awesome. But I can't believe they're really going to do a stag party. Probably more like investigating a case in the bars or so.

I agree XD  I wouldn't be shocked if Sherlock were leading them from one bar to the next searching for clues, lol.  I wonder if they really visit a gay bar.

Last edited by sj4iy (July 8, 2013 4:44 pm)

July 8, 2013 6:44 pm  #5

It would be funny watching Sherlock wondering how to plan a stag party.

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

July 8, 2013 7:09 pm  #6

nicbooful wrote:

Just thinking of that made me LOL.  I wonder if he will also give a toast at the wedding...because I'd reeeeeeally look forward to that.

July 8, 2013 9:10 pm  #7

sj4iy wrote:

nicbooful wrote:

Just thinking of that made me LOL.  I wonder if he will also give a toast at the wedding...because I'd reeeeeeally look forward to that.

Moftiss need to make these things happen!

July 8, 2013 11:38 pm  #8

Omg, Sherlock is such an awful best man, seriously. BUT HE WEARS A TIE!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 8, 2013 11:39 pm  #9

He didn't even wear a tie in court, but John's wedding is all good. Shows how much he respects his friend's wishes, perhaps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 8, 2013 11:56 pm  #10

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

When I saw it for the first time, I was like "OMG- TIE!!!"

July 9, 2013 10:32 am  #11

sj4iy wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I was more fascinated by the fact that they were wearing exactly the same outfit in every detail (only that John has a tie pin). Like twins. It seems to be some kind of tradition for weddings but I had never seen anything like that before, especially with those eccentric tuxedos.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

July 9, 2013 12:53 pm  #12

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I was more fascinated by the fact that they were wearing exactly the same outfit in every detail (only that John has a tie pin). Like twins. It seems to be some kind of tradition for weddings but I had never seen anything like that before, especially with those eccentric tuxedos.

Oh, it's not eccentric at all.  My husband and his best man wore identical tuxedos...and they looked almost exactly like what Sherlock and John wear (except they had ascots instead of ties and no hats).  It's traditional.  We only had a best man and maid of honor (his brother and my sister) because we didn't want a big wedding, so we just rented identical tuxes for them.

July 9, 2013 2:13 pm  #13

Does anybody know who else will be at the wedding? Or who we might expect?

July 9, 2013 3:00 pm  #14

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

We must see John's sister.

July 9, 2013 3:09 pm  #15

nicbooful wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

We must see John's sister.

I'm hoping for this, too.

July 9, 2013 3:11 pm  #16

Any thoughts as to why John is kidnapped and stuck in a bonfire in The Empty Hearse?  I wonder if Moran has anything to do with it.

July 9, 2013 6:40 pm  #17

sj4iy wrote:

Any thoughts as to why John is kidnapped and stuck in a bonfire in The Empty Hearse?  I wonder if Moran has anything to do with it.

I think we could entertain that possibility since Moriarty is obviously dead. I can't help but think of 'I will burn you. I will burn the heart of you." when watching the Bonfire clip. It scares me to death.

As for the wedding, I'm sure we can expect Molly and Lestrade to come. I also wish for Harriet, though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 10, 2013 4:27 am  #18

So, I know there's a discussion as to "how will Sherlock react?" in another thread...but I'd just like to say that I can't wait to see this:

I guess John doesn't take it too well ;)  I wonder, though, if Mary will be sort of a buffer between Sherlock and John.  It seems like he likes her and she likes him (in a friend way).  That will definitely make a different dynamic.

July 16, 2013 9:52 pm  #19

Mary Me wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

I think we could entertain that possibility since Moriarty is obviously dead. I can't help but think of 'I will burn you. I will burn the heart of you." when watching the Bonfire clip. It scares me to death.

That's exactly what I thought, too. I am so curious about that scence! I'm sure it will be a heart-wrenching moment between John and Sherlock!
I wonder about the bench-scene in the second episode. In the pictures it looks like a serious conversation, maybe about the fall and Sherlocks return, but I would expect such discussion in the first episode.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

July 16, 2013 9:55 pm  #20

stoertebeker wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

That's exactly what I thought, too. I am so curious about that scence! I'm sure it will be a heart-wrenching moment between John and Sherlock!
I wonder about the bench-scene in the second episode. In the pictures it looks like a serious conversation, maybe about the fall and Sherlocks return, but I would expect such discussion in the first episode.

I'm thinking the bench scene is the two of them discussing John moving out when he gets married and not helping with cases anymore.  It seems really somber, and I can't think of anything more somber than that for Sherlock and John.  The end of their adventures.

Board footera