BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 5, 2013 9:10 pm  #1

Manchester, UK Sherlock meet up (SUGGESTED DATE: 14TH JUNE)

There are at least three of us on here that live in or near Manchester, maybe more.

We should organise a board meet up. Anyone up for it?

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (May 27, 2014 4:52 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 6, 2013 1:45 am  #2

Re: Manchester, UK Sherlock meet up (SUGGESTED DATE: 14TH JUNE)

I can get to Manchester for a couple of hours! I would SO be up for this!!!!

We can go shopping!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 6, 2013 6:43 pm  #3

Shopping?? *rolls eyes* Hardly a Sherlockian activity. Unless we're shopping for Sherlock Holmes books or John Watson jumpers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 6, 2013 7:24 pm  #4

Sorry...I spoke too soon!

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 6, 2013 8:02 pm  #5

I would love to do this and the centre of Manchester  is only 15 minutes away for me. The only problem for me is fitting a meet up around my life. I have 3 kids and the youngest is just a baby. Evenings are definately out of the question but then daytimes I'm busy working my life around my kids. Summer hols are soon then I finish maternity leave and go back to work.

I just don't know how I'd ever manage it.

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

July 9, 2013 9:38 am  #6

We should have a Sherlock meet up with children! I have an 18 month old. XDD

July 9, 2013 9:42 am  #7

I guess it would stop us from needing babysitters!

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

September 16, 2013 4:35 am  #8

SherlockHound wrote:

By the way, does anyone know the address for the Sherlockian Violin Society?

Just PM our mod SherlockHolmes, and it will be send to you!

I remember you mentioning you also used to play!!

September 16, 2013 2:29 pm  #9

I'd be up for a meetup, but not with kids. I don't have any myself and to be honest, that's not how I would wish to spend a few hours in a bustling city.

September 19, 2013 1:32 pm  #10

Yeah, that was just a joke really. There's no way I'd take my kid to a meet up, lol, I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself properly.

Anyway, SherlockHound, you're more than welcome to crash at my place if you come to Manchester for a meet.

October 25, 2013 6:21 pm  #11

I'm available Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and possibly Saturdays at the moment 

I'd love to meet up with you guys in the city 

If you want to wait until next month, the Christmas markets start on the 15th:

http://www.christmasmarkets.com/UK/manchester-christmas-market.html

Last edited by kittykat (October 25, 2013 6:24 pm)

October 25, 2013 6:34 pm  #12

Sorry, Birmingham's a no-go since I don't live on my own. Too far. Can't help you with the sofa, either 

January 18, 2014 11:31 am  #13

I wish more events would take place up North. It all seems to be mainly London.

February 23, 2014 9:35 am  #14

There's seems to be a few of us from Manchester now, a few new people too. So, I'm rebooting this thread again and throwing the idea out there to meet sometime next month?

February 23, 2014 9:51 am  #15

You can count me in (work schedule permitting).

February 24, 2014 7:41 pm  #16

SherlockHound wrote:

Thank you for the offer! It would be much appreciated.

One idea I was wondering about actually, which could be in addition or another time or whatever, is that the Frankfurt Christmas Market is on in Birmingham from the 15th of November. I'm not sure what others think, but I always love that particular market when it's on... what do you think?

And what idea for dates did you have on the Manchester meet, SH? I'll probably come up by coach since they have cheap rates at the moment...

I live near Birmingham and although Manchester is too far to go for a meetup - I'm public transport only and don't have the dosh to be honest - I would so be up for a meetup for the Frankfurt Xmas Market; I've been a couple of times and it's a fantastic place to get presents!  Plus all the Sherlock chat...

February 25, 2014 9:01 pm  #17

asylum69 wrote:

SherlockHound wrote:

Thank you for the offer! It would be much appreciated.

One idea I was wondering about actually, which could be in addition or another time or whatever, is that the Frankfurt Christmas Market is on in Birmingham from the 15th of November. I'm not sure what others think, but I always love that particular market when it's on... what do you think?

And what idea for dates did you have on the Manchester meet, SH? I'll probably come up by coach since they have cheap rates at the moment...

I live near Birmingham and although Manchester is too far to go for a meetup - I'm public transport only and don't have the dosh to be honest - I would so be up for a meetup for the Frankfurt Xmas Market; I've been a couple of times and it's a fantastic place to get presents!  Plus all the Sherlock chat...

I'll try and suggest that as a possible meet up date for the Birmingham Sherlock group. 

February 27, 2014 8:25 pm  #18

Is there anything occurring down South do you know?

I'm clueing for looks

March 2, 2014 4:12 am  #19

I'm good for a meetup at the weekend 

March 23, 2014 12:39 pm  #20

Weekends would be best for me to.

Board footera