BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 28, 2013 9:46 am  #1

Inglourious B*******s

Wow! I had not watched this film properly until the other night and just...wow! Again, typically Taratino and not for the faint-hearted but all I can say is fantastically brilliant. I confess I 'watched' parts of it from behind my hands! The bar scene is just amazing. Parts made me cry too.

The character of Hans Landa was just repulsively, brilliantly, amazing. Christoph Waltz nailed it. Lt. Archie Hicox played by Michael Fassbender was such a strong character too- his cut-glass 'King's English' is wonderful.
Diane Kruger as Bridget Von Hammersmark was totally believable as was Melanie Laurent as Shosanna. Daniel Bruehl as Zoller was able to handle what I think is a tricky character really well; one could sympathise with him.

I love the nods to other films and other characters some of the actors have played such as with Brad Pitt (scalping).

Costuming was spot on and the use of music was, as always, so evocative and punchy.

Has anyone else seen this? What did you think?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 28, 2013 10:23 am  #2

Re: Inglourious B*******s

I've seen it. I'm not a big Tarantino fan but I liked this one very much. The scene at the beginning in the French farmhouse nearly stopped my breath. Waltz is brilliant. And I agree with your praise of the other actors. :-)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 28, 2013 3:56 pm  #3

Re: Inglourious B*******s

The tension in the farmhouse is palpable isn't it. Landa's character makes such a powerful impression in this: so cultured, so reasonable, so deadly. The tension in the bar scene just builds unbearably with the expectation that all is going wrong, then that all will be ok and finally arghhhh! It all goes so badly wrong for everyone. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera