BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 27, 2013 9:05 am  #1

Trading stories for words

Dear creative forum members,

I need your help. Some time ago, some of you collected a list of words, for the topics "What Sherlock likes about John" (all words started with P for...some reason...ahem ) and "What John likes about Sherlock" (all words started with E).
It resulted in two chapters of a story. The first chaper has all the words form the "-word list in it, the second one (yes, you can imagine it already) included all the words from the E-word-list. Here is is:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/806959?view_full_work=true

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9301603/1/Private-Ponderings

For the next chapter I need your help once more. I'm looking for more words, this time staring with M. The topic of the list: "What John thinks, feels or does after the fall". Needles to say that the next chapter will be post-Reichenbach...
Please PM me your words until tomorrow, 28th May 11:00 a.m.

You will be rewarded with a complete list of all words (a non-explicit version if you like) via PM.

Last edited by Schmiezi (May 27, 2013 5:00 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 27, 2013 9:36 am  #2

Re: Trading stories for words

Fine. I already started my collection. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 27, 2013 9:46 am  #3

Same here! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 27, 2013 10:36 am  #4

And there it is again - the word with M which I will never again forget.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 27, 2013 10:38 am  #5

I just did some advertising on tumblr. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 27, 2013 11:25 am  #6

P-E-M .... glad you didn't chose a different 3rd letter for 5 chapters 

Last edited by Harriet (May 27, 2013 11:28 am)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 27, 2013 11:43 am  #7

I have no idea what you're talking about. 

May 27, 2013 1:01 pm  #8

Thanks so far, what a wonderful sad list of words! I need to sort what we've got so far, but it looks like more than one of you sent "mourn".

Keep it going!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 27, 2013 1:16 pm  #9

SusiGo wrote:

I just did some advertising on tumblr. 

How?

May 27, 2013 1:25 pm  #10

​ I just posted the link to the story on AO3. No names or indiscretions, I just mentioned the forum. And I have only 5 followers anyway but it was a try. I can take it down anytime.

May 27, 2013 1:30 pm  #11

No, it's great.

"Private Ponderings" has only two kudos less than "Soldiering on..." I'm not quire sure how to feel ablout it

May 27, 2013 1:33 pm  #12

Enjoy it. Don't worry. Of course there's much more effort and sweat in Soldiering because it's longer and  has more plot to it and all that - but making a coherent and readable story out of a jumble of words is not a small achievement either. 

May 27, 2013 3:03 pm  #13

M is one of my favorite letters. I'll think of some words today, but I fear the most important ones are already mentioned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 27, 2013 3:11 pm  #14

Seems I'm late to the M party (stupid day job...).
Anyway, I will try to come up with some contributions to the list.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 27, 2013 3:25 pm  #15

Schmiezi is currently not accepting private messages. Her mailbox is full 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 27, 2013 5:01 pm  #16

Emptied again and ready to receive more words!

May 27, 2013 5:42 pm  #17

On its way by e-mail. 

May 27, 2013 5:43 pm  #18

I've just heroically deleted about 300 PMs and are ready for new words!

May 27, 2013 5:54 pm  #19

Just watch your e-mails...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 27, 2013 5:59 pm  #20

Lovely list, Tobe. I'm not going to tell you how many words you've already collected.

Just one comment: There is a disturbingly low amount of R-rated explicit words on it... Just saying!

Board footera