BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 20, 2013 11:10 pm  #1

221B Con 2014

The dates and location are now posted for 221B Con 2014.

http://221bcon.com/

Plus in the top right corner which has five pictures rotating you can see me - I'm one of the two old duffers in the classic Holmes garb.

May 21, 2013 8:03 am  #2

Re: 221B Con 2014

Thanks for the heads up matey! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 24, 2013 8:16 am  #3

I really need to try and make it to that next year. Start saving up now for plane tickets. I met three Americans at the conference in London this weekend and they offered for us to all share a room together, so that's the accomodation sorted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 24, 2013 1:19 pm  #4

Ooooh! Thanks for posting the link! I didn't know this existed xD...awesome!  Hopefully I'll be able to go...I would certainly like to 

-------------------------------------------------------

July 4, 2013 3:42 pm  #5

I booked my tickets for the conference today! YAY! That's obviously the cheapest part about it. Now I just have to worry about saving money for plane tickets, which are currently in the region of £600 *gasp*

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 28, 2013 1:17 am  #6

It's only about six hours from where I live.... Oh my word....

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Listen - what I said before, John? I meant it. I don't have friends. I've just got one."

August 28, 2013 6:34 pm  #7

I LIVE IN ATLANTA!

Less than 25 miles from the hotel.

Have I died and gone to heaven?!?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 15, 2013 8:08 pm  #8

I know it's still early to be planning.  Sorta.   But I would be interested/willing to split the cost of a room for the weekend with 2/3 other people.

Just thought I'd put that out there.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

September 15, 2013 8:46 pm  #9

It's never to early to plan. My suggestion would be to go to the 221B Con website, they have e-mail address for questions, tell them you are looking for roomates, and they probably will be able to help you out. I already booked my room, bringing my daughter too this year.

October 18, 2013 10:16 pm  #10

It would be great to go to this. Wish I could travel to these events. Bet I'm not alone in that?

-------------------------------------------

To Sherlock Holmes she is always the woman. I have seldom heard him mention her under any other name. In his eyes she eclipses and predominates the whole of her sex. It was not that he felt any emotion akin to love for Irene Adler. All emotions, and that one particularly, were abhorrent to his cold, precise but admirably balanced mind.

October 19, 2013 4:01 am  #11

I'm still squeeing that it's in Atlanta.  I don't even have to travel!!!!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 23, 2013 3:12 pm  #12

Bought my memebership!

FYI, the cost goes up November 16th from 35$ for the weekend to $45.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 28, 2014 6:42 pm  #13

Anyone else here from the forum going to be at 221bcon?

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 28, 2014 9:08 pm  #14

Yes, I will be at 221B Con. I'm running the trivia contest and on the panels of Si-lock (Holmes in Silent Films) and Rdio Holmes. My daughter & I will be in the costume contest also. Be sure to introduce yourself and say Hi! Cheers, Howard Ostrom.

Board footera