BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 15, 2012 12:40 am  #1

Name that Song

Does anyone know the name of the song that's played over the montage scene - immediately after the part where they watch the CCTV video of Moriarty smashing up the glass of the Crown Jewels...?

The BBC have just started using it in an ad campaign for something and the other night I heard it and literally flipped out thinking someone had put Sherlock on. I was like, "What was that?" "Just some advert." "Did it have Moriarty on?" "Err...what?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 15, 2012 1:50 am  #2

Re: Name that Song

You mean Sinnerman by nina simone?

I'd assume it's grown quite a following of late.

Last edited by kazza474 (March 15, 2012 1:51 am)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 15, 2012 4:10 am  #3

kazza474 wrote:

You mean Sinnerman by nina simone?

I'd assume it's grown quite a following of late.

This song was used in the Pierce Brosnan version of The Thomas Crown Affair. I used to love it back then and listened to it over and over. For those that have seen it, the song was used towards the end of the movie when Thomas Crown returns to the museum. Great scene and great song.

March 15, 2012 8:09 am  #4

That's the song alright. Posted about it in the slot about soundtrack a while back. Is it the Nina Simone version they have used? It's just so apt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 15, 2012 10:59 am  #5

Thanks - that's the one I meant. It's awesome.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 15, 2012 11:39 am  #6

She recorded that in 1965. I was 2 years old so no I DON'T remember it , lol!
(ok, stop checking that fact on your calculators!)

Peter Tosh also recorded it, I might check that out.
As did the Von Trapp singers(!!!???) hmmmm

It's been used a whole HEAP of films & TV shows, can't imagine why I've never heard it before.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

Board footera