BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 14, 2012 9:15 pm  #1

Gorky Park

Just watched Gorky Park for the first time in ages. Such a good film, story driven, strong characters and brilliant screenplay by the late, great Dennis Potter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 15, 2012 1:56 pm  #2

Re: Gorky Park

Hi Davina
If you liked the movie of Gorky Park, you would love the book by Martin Cruz Smith. I find that books are generally better than movies, so much has to be left out when the story is filmed.

I have just read another book set in the USSR, this time back in 1953. It is called Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith, it's a murder mystery and gives a great insight into Soviet Russia. Highly recommended. It is available for Kindle thru Amazon or you can do like I did and pick it up second hand as it is a couple of years old. If you lived in Australia I could send it to you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

Board footera