BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 9, 2013 6:47 pm  #1

Some crack

Guys I just found this today, but I've been laughing so hard I have tears running down my face. I'm sure everyone else has already read it, as I'm always on the last train car, but please if you haven't, give it a try:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/383020?view_full_work=true

Sherlock's POV, as if her were like, I dunno, a tween in mind? I don't know, but it's hilarious! Oh, yeah and parts of it are pretty adult.

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

March 9, 2013 6:52 pm  #2

Re: Some crack

I've got it on my Kindle but haven't read it yet. Thanks for posting, now I'll know what's going to be next. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 9, 2013 7:25 pm  #3

Thank you! I just downloaded it and will for sure give it a try after having finished my drive along The Road Less Traveled.   

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 10, 2013 9:07 am  #4

Ahaha, it's really hilarous.  I'm done with the first 5 chapters now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 10, 2013 6:09 pm  #5

Funny, crude, farcical, adorable and touching.  When I started it, I wasn't sure it was going to be my cuppa - but then I loved it.  The trip to Maine - OMG!    .  Thanks for the rec.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 10, 2013 10:02 pm  #6

I am NEVER going to be able to look at lobster the same way again.
Wonder if anyone at the grocery store will think it's weird if I take my camera? I feel the need for another "fanfic" shot

Last edited by crazybbcamerican (March 10, 2013 10:03 pm)

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

March 10, 2013 10:09 pm  #7

Now I'm getting really, really curious. As soon as I've finished my current fanfic I'll start reading this one. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 11, 2013 12:17 pm  #8

I think I was the only patient in the dentist's waiting room who was laughing all the time. Of course they didn't know what I was reading. 

March 13, 2013 12:17 am  #9

SusiGo wrote:

I think I was the only patient in the dentist's waiting room who was laughing all the time. Of course they didn't know what I was reading. 

Probably best they didn't know, Susi. Such a naughty little piece  

I read parts of the Maine trip to my husband last night since we've both been to Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park.  I even sat on a cold foggy pier and ate lobster .  Now, if only they had tried steamers too (steamed clams that you dig out of the shell, dip in hot water to wash off the sand and then dunk in butter and chew).  Now, there's a real New England treat!

Last edited by KeepersPrice (March 13, 2013 12:17 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 13, 2013 7:39 am  #10

Naughty indeed. And sweet as well. I normally don't eat seafood but this sounds really good. I've been to Maine once but didn't try it. 

March 13, 2013 8:19 am  #11

Through with 14 chapters now. Laughing so hard. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 13, 2013 3:24 pm  #12

People were staring at me when I read it on the tram. I wonder why...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 11, 2015 2:56 am  #13

I couldn't find another crack fic rec thread, so thought I'd add to this one. I just finished reading A Very Sherlock Musical[/url] (11980 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/flawedamythyst]flawedamythyst
Chapters: 1/1
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson
Additional Tags: musical AU
Summary: So, you know how musicals are set in a world where people just burst into song every five minutes, and everyone around them automatically knows to join in with the tune and choreography? This fic is set in that world. John finds it extremely frustrating that Sherlock won't sing their theme song with him. Not Season 3-compliant.

It's quite hilarious, touching and brilliant. If you like musicals - or even if you don't, like a certain character in the story - this will put a smile on your face.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board footera