BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 27, 2013 7:39 am  #1

Les Miserables

Normally I'd put this in the films I've just watched  thread but since I actually went to a picture palace to watch this last night I am giving it its own thread.

Has anyone else seen this yet?

What an astounding piece of work! Anne Hathaway was a revelation, Hugh Jackman gob-smacking. A fantastic cast throughout, great production values. The little rascal playing Gavroche was fantastic. Eddie Redmayne and Samantha Barks were superb. Being a bit picky,maybe,  I found Russell Crowe's singing  voice a disappointment. I disagree with one critic's view that Helena Bonham Carter is unintelligible- I could understand her perfectly well and I thoroughly enjoyed the comic interludes she had with Sacha Baron Cohen- my they were repulsive!

Did I cry? You bet! Lots of times throughout . A film that will stay with me for a long time. Thank you Victor Hugo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 27, 2013 4:23 pm  #2

Re: Les Miserables

I went to see it with my friend and I cried so much!! Which was slightly embarrassing because the 70 year old couple beside us did even snif! I really loved it, I've been hearing lots of negative reports about it but I thought it was great... 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

February 27, 2013 4:42 pm  #3

The people on Tumblr are going completely crazy about it but I'm not really interested in it since I'm not really into musical films.
I wouldn't want to watch the dubbed version anyway, so I don't think I will see it.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

March 27, 2013 7:21 pm  #4

Loved Les Mis.. definitely will be on my Amazon Wishlist 

Cried once - friend cried twice however..

------------------------------------------------
Twenty-something Sherlockian with Whovian traits of a Christopher Eccleston kind. 

Board footera