BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 3, 2013 5:24 pm  #1

Fanfics from forum members

After reading another nice fanfic from one of ours I thought this might be a good idea. I think we don't need two threads for slash and non-slash here but can give a warning if necessary. You can post the link and a short description if you like. 

NEW: Schmiezi has created a community on ff net for our own collected fanfics.

http://www.fanfiction.net/community/BBC-Sherlock-Fan-Forum-Writers/106870/

I've written one so far. Non-slash, humour. 
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8874356/1/Flatmates-a-drama-in-three-acts 

http://archiveofourown.org/works/677237

Last edited by SusiGo (April 9, 2013 1:29 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 3, 2013 5:27 pm  #2

Re: Fanfics from forum members

That's a hilarious one, crazy and funny like the author (ooops, what did I say?  )
I mean, Susi did a very fine job, just the way we know her 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 3, 2013 5:35 pm  #3

Oh, I'm very proud, Harriet. And I'd like to mention the support of another funny and crazy member.
I just thought we are such a creative bunch - thinking of the molecular cuising and KP's adventures and many more - that we should collect our efforts in a thread. When there's enough I could do a masterlist like Wholocked did with the slash recs. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 3, 2013 6:03 pm  #4

Genius 
I imagined your short story as a documentary "Living with Sherlock Holmes".
I really like your writing style. Go on^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 3, 2013 6:12 pm  #5

Thank you, Mary.  Now what about the others? KP? QE? Schmiezi? Crazybbc? Jayie? Fillyjonk? Or do you want me to do all the work? 

February 3, 2013 6:21 pm  #6

Go ahead 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 3, 2013 7:38 pm  #7

Great idea, Susi, to start this thread, so we finally know who has written what and where to find it.

I started writing fanfic only a short while ago. It began with two short stories from Sherlock's POV, The Watson Formula and Snow:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8697359/1/The-Watson-Formula
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8757618/1/Snow
Both are non-slash.

And then there is a six chapter comedy called Molecular Gastronomy, written after one of Harriet's ideas.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8853079/1/Molecular-Gastronomy
It is slash in terms of Sherlock and John being in a relationship, but teen rated and with no special warnings.

I also wrote a tiny contribution to saturnR's thread yesterday:
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=52680#p52680

And that was it so far.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

February 3, 2013 9:07 pm  #8

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

February 3, 2013 9:12 pm  #9

Fine, let them come. 

February 3, 2013 10:49 pm  #10

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

February 4, 2013 3:27 am  #11

SusiGo wrote:

After reading another nice fanfic from one of ours I thought this might be a good idea. I think we don't need two threads for slash and non-slash here but can give a warning if necessary. You can post the link and a short description if you like. 

I've written one so far. Non-slash, humour. 
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8874356/1/Flatmates-a-drama-in-three-acts 

Oh snap!  I was just thinking about this fic the other day.  I was going to link to it and I'd already forgotten it was yours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: OK...That was ridiculous. That was the most ridiculous thing...I've ever done.
Sherlock: And you invaded Afghanistan.
John: That wasn't *just* me.

February 4, 2013 5:35 am  #12

Sorry for not being around a lot lately. Working hours are insane at the moment. BUT here it is:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8693186/1/Soldiering-On-Through-Friendly-Fire

Non-slash (but maybe pre-slash, you know, with googles and stuff?), adventure.
"After Sherlock's fall, John does what he's supposed to: He carries on. Just like the two of them had planned. And being underestimated helps a lot."

I must admit that it's not finished yet, but I hope to upload new chapters on a weekly base. Oh, and I've just written the end, so it WILL be finished.

Susi, this threat is a wonderful idea!

EDIT: It'sd finished, and definitely pre-slash now. And quite fluffy in the end. How could I start writing this without seeing how it's pre-slash?

Last edited by Schmiezi (March 21, 2013 5:33 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 4, 2013 7:53 am  #13

Looking through my pre-slash detection magnifier, I'd say yes. Something's up. 

February 4, 2013 10:47 am  #14

My first complete fanfic for Sherlock. I've written fanfic for other fandoms as well but this is my first for Sherlock:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8977569/1/You-re-Being-Followed

Summary: Someone is trying to utilize Sherlock's services. In his absence, they try to hire John instead. But John's not having any of it. Post-Series 2.

February 6, 2013 6:33 pm  #15

Hello fellow Sherlock fans.

I am new here. I'm from the US and I have fallen head over heels in love with BBC One's rendition of the classic Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's classic tales of Sherlock Holmes.

I only started watching two weeks ago and it has become my new obsession. That being the case, after the last episode I could think of nothing else for a time. I needed to know: 

1. How did Sherlock do it? He fell, that was him, not some actor, or a robot, or an optical illusion, so how did he fall from the top of St. Bart's and survive?

2. He had to have had help. So who helped him and how did they help? How many players were involved in this elaborate ruse?

3. How can they continue with a third series unless they clear Sherlock's name? They can't, so that must mean that there was something set into the episode that would do just exactly that. 

4. Why was Moriarty not mentioned by anyone after Sherlock died? There were no accusations that Sherlock committed murder of the actor he hired before taking his own life. That would have been all over the headlines, not that the genius detective was a fraud and committed suicide.

5. We know Sherlock is alive, we know that Moriarty's people have instructions to kill his friends if he doesn't commit suicide. So how do we have him come back without putting John, Mrs. Hudson and Lestrade in jeopardy?

6. I almost forgot. There is one other aspect that needed to be answered. How would John react when he found out that Sherlock was not dead?

These are the points I have come up with solutions to. I wrote them all down in a little fan fiction called The Science of Deduction's 1st Student. I am finishing up the final chapter so it is not completely posted yet, but if you feel like it, take a peek and let me know if you think I am spot on or barking mad!

Once the final chapter goes up, I'll drop a little note to say so.

Thanks

Alice I

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8981340/1/The-Science-of-Deduction-s-1st-Student

Last edited by AliceI (February 6, 2013 11:02 pm)

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

February 6, 2013 9:56 pm  #16

Sounds great. Thanks for posting. 

February 7, 2013 2:52 pm  #17

I read it, Alice I, and I like it very much. Good cliffhanger. Hope the next chapter's coming soon. 

February 7, 2013 6:56 pm  #18

SusiGo wrote:

I read it, Alice I, and I like it very much. Good cliffhanger. Hope the next chapter's coming soon. 

Hi SusiGo, Thanks. Yeah I am still writing the last bit, but I essentially know what is going to happen. I probably should wait until I finish before posting, but I get so strung-out on a story idea sometimes that it commands all my spare time. Sounds weird to say it like that I know, but likening this to a drug addition is pretty accurate.

That is what this story is doing; mainly because the series caught me so strongly and I can not abide having nothing else of it to watch for a whole year! Unfortunately, I am just not capable of slapping something together and throwing it out there. It's like OCD or something. I have been over the first two bits that are posted minimally a dozen times and each time it changes, or gets tweaked. 

Anyway, thanks for reading, and I am pleased that you liked it. Once I finish the story, and I can concentrate on something else I plan to wander around the forum and enter in some discussions. If I can't watch the program, then at least I can talk about it with someone. God! I sound like a mental patient! 

Last edited by AliceI (February 7, 2013 6:59 pm)

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

February 7, 2013 7:03 pm  #19

No worry, we're all a bit mental. Look at me - nearly 5,000 posts in nine months. 

February 7, 2013 7:20 pm  #20

SusiGo wrote:

No worry, we're all a bit mental. Look at me - nearly 5,000 posts in nine months. 

And if you met Susi in real life you would consider her perfectly normal - honestly!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera