BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 9, 2012 9:49 pm  #1

Agatha Christie's Poirot

Later this year David Suchet will once again be reprising his role as the super sleuth Hercule Poirot? The final 5 Poirot stories are being filmed then.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 17, 2012 6:14 pm  #2

Re: Agatha Christie's Poirot

I can't wait for more Poirot, I love it

May 17, 2012 6:26 pm  #3

Turned me racist* so he did.

Not the actor, the character.

-m0r

*Why hello my fine semantic pedant, yes I was inferring national prejudice instead of the anthropometrical sentiment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 17, 2012 7:33 pm  #4

I am always totally impressed by the way that the thirties details are so exact. The Art Deco buildings, decor etc. The costuming is perfect. The little Belgian with his moustache, fussy ways and extraordinary walk is a great piece of work from David Suchet. I'm actually not the greatest fan of Agatha Christie's work though. I hate the way she hides evidence from the reader.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 17, 2012 8:01 pm  #5

I'm more of a Bertie Wooster kinda guy when it comes to (Just before) that period.

Puzzles are a dash site more intricate too!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

Board footera