BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 20, 2013 9:01 pm  #1

The pink cell phone + an odd thing

Watched this episode again today and it's funny that I didn't notice before that the cell phone Moriarty keeps calling Sherlock on is the pink phone from the first episode.

Why does Sherlock still have that phone? Wouldn't it have been turned in as evidence?

Also-at the very end of the episode when Moriarty and our heroes are at the pool, there seem to be more than one sniper. However, the little red laser lights keep jumping around. Are there really snipers there? or is this some elaborate set-up of Moriarty's to make them think that there are snipers around....or are the snipers just nervous?

Last edited by crazybbcamerican (January 20, 2013 9:03 pm)

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

January 20, 2013 9:15 pm  #2

Re: The pink cell phone + an odd thing

crazybbcamerican wrote:

Watched this episode again today and it's funny that I didn't notice before that the cell phone Moriarty keeps calling Sherlock on is the pink phone from the first episode.

Why does Sherlock still have that phone? Wouldn't it have been turned in as evidence?

Look what Sherlock states in The Great Game:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 20, 2013 9:47 pm  #3

Oh my gosh >wipes egg off of face< how did I miss that? Guess I'll have to watch it again, oh gee!
Thank you!

*******************************************************************************************************************

January 20, 2013 9:51 pm  #4

You're welcome.
So much to discover - even after the hundredst time of watching...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 21, 2013 7:01 pm  #5

John's expression in that frame! It looks like he's concentrating really hard, or he's just sucked on a lemon-slice! 

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

January 21, 2013 7:19 pm  #6

crazybbcamerican wrote:

Also-at the very end of the episode when Moriarty and our heroes are at the pool, there seem to be more than one sniper. However, the little red laser lights keep jumping around. Are there really snipers there? or is this some elaborate set-up of Moriarty's to make them think that there are snipers around....or are the snipers just nervous?

Nervousness wouldn't cause that. A sniper will be trained to a point where nervousness won't cause that kind of movement. Imagine if it did - how would they hit their targets at thousands of yards effectively if they couldn't maintain a steady fix on a target within the same building (or even a building away, if they'd be shooting through a window)? The snipers could have been told to cause the sight lights to move, to create a mood, or it could be an elaborate set-up. The number makes me think it's an elaborate set-up (perhaps in concert with an actual sniper or two).

January 21, 2013 7:30 pm  #7

I like that idea, equiraptor. I finally got the hubby to sit and watch an episode and THAT was all he could see lol.

Board footera