BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 10, 2013 1:22 pm  #1

The bomb vest.

Question: when Sherlock pulls the bomb vest off John why does he not throw it into the pool? I'm not being dim here...I know it is a plot necessity.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 10, 2013 1:27 pm  #2

Re: The bomb vest.

Oh really Davs; this was covered quite some time ago.... do keep up dear.

In an attempt to render the fuse mechanism invalid , however there is speculation as to whether that would work or not. It would depend on how it was made but most likely it wouldn't work .

Alternatively, the 'deep end' of the pool wasn't deep enough for 'Locky so he thought he'd rectify that.
Another thought ... John sweated rather profusely and it stank.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 10, 2013 1:45 pm  #3

And what sense would that make?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 10, 2013 4:42 pm  #4

I thought it probably had been. It's like Groundhog Day on here sometimes (hush the whispers of 'old age' affecting my memory). If it went 'BANG' in the pool wouldn't that help absorb the blast (alternatively wash off the sweaty bits!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 13, 2013 6:37 pm  #5

I didn't see that there was another post about this (and possibly others) but here is my two cents.

Last edited by 365DaysOfVerse (February 13, 2013 6:40 pm)

-- 
Sonnets are cool http://365daysofverse.com

Board footera