BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 8, 2012 10:15 pm  #1

Role Play Storyline Ideas

OK, so we've almost got a full cast list to start some fun roleplaying of our own, but I was wondering whether you guys had any ideas about the kind of direction you want it to go in, any good stoylines you can think of etc.

I've noticed that most roleplays tend to start post-Reichenbach and they fall into 3 general starting points:

1. Immediately after Reichenbach and before Sherlock's return
2. Beginning with the return of Sherlock
3. Sometime after Sherlock's return and everything has got back to normal

I don't mind which one we do, but I think it would be a shame to skip out something with as much potential as the return of Sherlock and how everyone (John in particular) would deal with that.

Also, I think we should try and keep it fairly clean and not too X-rated as we do have some younger members...I've noticed some roleplays can get seriously steamy (and I've taken part in a few of them too, lol!), although I'm sure kissing and hugging would be fine if things headed in that direction.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 11, 2012 4:37 pm  #2

Re: Role Play Storyline Ideas

OK so I propose we start with Sherlock's return and everyone's immediate reaction...so for that we'll need Sherlock, John and Mrs Hudson...

Then when things have got back to normal and John has forgiven Sherlock for giving him the shock of his life...presumably they will start looking to work on cases together again!

So then we'll need a Lestrade...Also, for the sake of the roleplay we will presumably be pretending that Jim faked his own death too and is still alive! So Jim can step up and play some games...then we can bring back Irene too....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 11, 2012 10:06 pm  #3

Don't forget Molly Hooper. I'm here waiting in the morgue! Dead bodies aren't the best conversational partners.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 12, 2012 12:01 am  #4

Of course - you'll have to explain your part in Sherlock's "death" naturally. And then I'm sure we'll be needing your services to help us solve future cases, and it's very probable you'll be invited to Sherlock's welcome home party at 221b.

March 12, 2012 6:38 am  #5

That's nice. Maybe I'll wear my black dress and do my hair the way he said he liked it.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 19, 2012 2:39 pm  #6

So I was thinking through a few ideas again last night. Seeing as we don't all come on as often as each other and at different times, it's unlikely we'll be able to do this in "real time", as in when people are having dialogue replying to each other immediately and that there may be some time in between replies. In order to get round this I propose that we all write in the 3rd person and in past tense, for example, "Sherlock unlocked the door to 221B and went inside" and that we also try to write as much as we can in one post. Anyone can then respond in their character and it doesn't have to be a continuation of the previous post either, it could be a different "scene". Just as long as we then make the scenes link up somehow further down the line.

I'm going to start it off soon with Sherlock's return!!

March 20, 2012 6:55 am  #7

sounds good! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

Board footera