BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 18, 2012 7:24 pm  #1

Lord Peter Wimsey by Dorothy L. Sayers

I think among all these Sherlockians on the forum there are as well some admirers of Lord Peter Wimsey (whatever they may be called). Like myself. So if anyone wants to discuss, joke about or do whatever she/he wishes to do with regard to DLS and her famous detective, feel free to do it here. 

I discovered the books (in German) when I was about eleven or twelve and watched the old BBC series with Ian Carmichael. Later on I read them all in English and have returned to them again and again.

Lord Peter's a totally different type of detective (and man) than Sherlock but fascinating in his own way.

Last edited by SusiGo (December 18, 2012 7:24 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 18, 2012 7:32 pm  #2

Re: Lord Peter Wimsey by Dorothy L. Sayers

About time!  Ask me why I chose Harriet as my nick 
Now I can Peter-fangirl a little here - or isn't that appropriate? 

I didn't see much of the film versions, and what I saw didn't get too much on me, alas -
but, how funny, how intelligent, how brilliant, how observing books they are.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 18, 2012 7:44 pm  #3

Re: Lord Peter Wimsey by Dorothy L. Sayers

Look who's answering.
Apart from the fact that he's witty and charming and the cases are really good and that I like the era in which they're set they also tell a wonderful love story. And I mean love story with a great female hero. I'll never forget the proposal after the Bach concert at Oxford. 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 18, 2012 7:44 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera