BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 1, 2012 9:56 pm  #1

The Piano Guys

I know we have a lot of non-Americans here, but for the Americans: Have you heard of The Piano Guys? They re-write pop songs for piano and cello....anyway, just a question.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

December 3, 2012 4:01 am  #2

Re: The Piano Guys

Nope. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

December 3, 2012 4:20 pm  #3

I had never heard of them, but I was curious so I checked them out. And, as I feared, while they are very talented musicians, something is lost in translation, at least for me. 

Last edited by harleyq (December 4, 2012 3:07 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 3, 2012 7:44 pm  #4

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

December 3, 2012 9:40 pm  #5

You read my mind. I was going to ask if you could put a link up for any of their work. I loved this rendition. Piano and cello, a combination made in heaven. Thanks for posting this. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 4, 2012 2:03 am  #6

I got to see them in concert a year ago with my family.
This is one of my favourites by them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGyIBnzJiyU

Board footera