BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 19, 2012 6:47 pm  #1

Sherlock Fandom Glossary

All you ever wanted to know about the fandom and didn't dare to ask: 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BueXx9a4JmlpXGckaH_ODSPLGcRmw4AuxyT79UO6zLI/edit?pli=1

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 19, 2012 7:20 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock Fandom Glossary

Fab.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 20, 2012 2:05 am  #3

Good stuff!  Now I know everything...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 20, 2012 3:17 pm  #4

I've seen it before.

My favourites:

BBC: Best British Cheekbones and Gravesdigger (for Rupert fans) *LOL*

I actually use the term "not our/my division" sometimes, in English of course, not in German. 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 20, 2012 4:12 pm  #5

Cumberbatched: v. To be obsessed with Benedict Cumberbatch to the point of no return.

Ahem.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 20, 2012 4:41 pm  #6

Mattlocked wrote:

Cumberbatched: v. To be obsessed with Benedict Cumberbatch to the point of no return.

Ahem.

So you can finally put a name to your disease. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 20, 2012 4:43 pm  #7

.... to the point of no return. Spooky.

All those possible (and impossible) fanfic relationships are quite interesting, too. Ts, fandom........ 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 20, 2012 5:00 pm  #8

Yes. It's a sort of strange universe, this world of fanfic. You can get lost in it. This afternoon I found a story which had so many warnings that I decided not to read it. It included the strangest things I don't wish to repeat here. Or to read about. 

November 20, 2012 6:57 pm  #9

You are speaking of the ones I give a wide berth - and am glad that I learnt that new expression 

The page is soo helpful. I discovered it quite a while ago and can highly recommend it .
Good experience: they added a request of mine within a day or so.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 20, 2012 7:05 pm  #10

Rather worrying comments about ff world...glad I avoid it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 20, 2012 7:17 pm  #11

Well, there are very good stories among them which I really enjoy. Some of these writers are very talented. 

March 5, 2014 10:23 am  #12

The MolMorMor entry was both hilarious and um, enlightening

Board footera