BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 13, 2012 11:48 am  #1

When did Sherlock text Angelo?

Not sure if this question has ever been asked/answered, but here goes...

When Angelo goes to Baker Street to return John's cane, his line is "Sherlock text me. He said you left this." So, what I want to know is, WHEN exactly, did Sherlock text him?

They run out of the restaurant, they chase after the cab, have a short break to catch their breath, then start running again and when they get back to Baker Street it's implied they've been running all the way because they're both breathless. So...did Sherlock text whilst running? That's some serious multi tasking, but to be honest, wouldn't really surprise me all that much!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 13, 2012 11:53 am  #2

Re: When did Sherlock text Angelo?

Yeah it's never really explored but I expect the implication is that he texted whilst that was going on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 13, 2012 3:58 pm  #3

I wondered about that, too. But by the time I finish watching an episode, I forget all the questions I had about it.

October 13, 2012 4:11 pm  #4

Sherlock "Multi-Tasker" Holmes! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 13, 2012 7:24 pm  #5

veecee wrote:

I wondered about that, too. But by the time I finish watching an episode, I forget all the questions I had about it.

Same here 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 13, 2012 7:44 pm  #6

I think Sherlock would have forseen John forgetting about his limp when being put into a dangerous situation. Therefore he could have prepared a text like "John forgot cane - please bring to 221B asap" - before leaving for Angelo's. The taxi chase was all for to prove this point. After all, it was quite "dangerous", wasn't it? It would have taken Sherlock a split second to push the "send" button on his phone - maybe when John talked to the taxi passenger after Sherlock said "Welcome to London".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 14, 2012 1:56 am  #7

tobeornot221b wrote:

I think Sherlock would have forseen John forgetting about his limp when being put into a dangerous situation. Therefore he could have prepared a text like "John forgot cane - please bring to 221B asap" - before leaving for Angelo's. The taxi chase was all for to prove this point. After all, it was quite "dangerous", wasn't it? It would have taken Sherlock a split second to push the "send" button on his phone - maybe when John talked to the taxi passenger after Sherlock said "Welcome to London".

You're right! He'd planned it all on purpose "to prove a point" is his exact quote..so I can imagine him writing the text message whilst actually sat in the restaurant perhaps.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 30, 2012 7:21 pm  #8

I thought he was busy having awkward conversations with John 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, very clever, Worf. Eat any good books, lately?" -Q-

October 30, 2012 7:24 pm  #9

Ah but Sherlock can multi-task!
Actually, I think it's in the moments that John is speaking to the American tourist...or maybe when he's on a rooftop, waiting for John to jump!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera