BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 3, 2012 11:27 am  #1

John Lewis launches Sherlock coat

Wonder why XS size is already out of stock:

http://www.johnlewis.com/336651/Product.aspx

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 3, 2012 1:09 pm  #2

Re: John Lewis launches Sherlock coat

SusiGo wrote:

Wonder why XS size is already out of stock:

http://www.johnlewis.com/336651/Product.aspx

Small and medium are also out of stock now. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

October 3, 2012 1:33 pm  #3

Ts... Who needs small and medium?? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 3, 2012 1:56 pm  #4

E.g. people like me that are nor six foot or over. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 3, 2012 2:35 pm  #5

Oo! Lovely coat made of a great fabric sold by an excellent company. Price is reasonable too for the quality. Clever John Lewis!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 4, 2012 12:51 pm  #6

The copycats/bandwagoners continue to to profit.
Isn't the world such a lovely place?
*rolls eyes*

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

October 4, 2012 5:03 pm  #7

I suspect that they must have done this with BBC approval to be able to use the Sherlock name the way they have. I suppose, since Belstaff aren't making the coat anymore (at least at the moment) and because it was so expensive to start with (£1,300+) that this is a more affordable version for people who might want this version. It looks like a pretty much classic trench/greatcoat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 4, 2012 7:09 pm  #8

Davina wrote:

I suspect that they must have done this with BBC approval to be able to use the Sherlock name the way they have. I suppose, since Belstaff aren't making the coat anymore (at least at the moment) and because it was so expensive to start with (£1,300+) that this is a more affordable version for people who might want this version. It looks like a pretty much classic trench/greatcoat.

BBC don't own the name Sherlock & there is no advertising to suggest anything to do with the show. So they don't need anyone's approval which is why they have called it such. A classic rip-off style if you ask me.

They don't even have a red buttonhole; but then if they did, they would be in trouble.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

October 5, 2012 12:48 am  #9

Ugh...not really very Sherlocky if you ask me...I've got one on order from one of those companies off eBay. It costs around £120 but they're a much better replica and you can have it made to your exact specifications.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 7, 2012 7:22 pm  #10

I would never be able to afford it- it is really nice though. Love John Lewis

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Look I'm in shock, I have a blanket.

Holmesless until 2013

October 14, 2012 10:52 pm  #11

I found a very Sherlock-ish coat in a department store the other day, but a more feminine version. I almost bought it right there and then but my self-control got the better of me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

Board footera