BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 23, 2012 6:57 pm  #1

What will happen to Molly Hooper in season 3?

I am curious what will happen to Molly in season 3. Most likely she is Sherlock`s  ( only?) confidant in faking his suicide, the only person ( perhaps besides Mycroft) who knows all the years of his absence that he is alive while all his friends mourns his dead.
How will Molly react when Sherlock is back? Their relationship will clearly change. Now she "counts".
Will John forgive her?
What about episode 2 and 3 ? Will she have a own storyline, maybe even some sort of romance with Sherlock?

Somewhere here in this forum I have read the ideas - that Molly could be a female Sebastian Moran , or - that she is Mary, John`s future wife. ( "Molly" is a another form of "Mary"?)
I really like the idea of John and Mary as a couple. It would be really tragically when (if) she would die ( by childbirth or another cause.) Someone who is really established in the series, whom most viewers like - much, much more tragically as some unknown faceless Mary-Morstan-girl appearing only in episode 1.

Last edited by saysomething (September 29, 2012 9:18 pm)

September 23, 2012 7:36 pm  #2

Re: What will happen to Molly Hooper in season 3?

That's an interesting question, Luise Brealey (Molly) will definitely in the cast for season 3. And she is a loved character so she has to be in it anyway. I wonder about the relationship between her and Sherlock, I don't think there's a romance and I guess he will be back to his old self soon, because that's how he is. But Molly needs a boyfriend someone normal for once, well Lestrade is divorced and he was very "impressed" with her Christmas party outfit 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 23, 2012 7:45 pm  #3

As much as I wanted what Sherlock said to Molly to be "sweet", he's just saying those things to manipulate her. The first time I watched Reichenbach, I thought he was being genuine and it warmed my heart. But, I know better now I don't think anything between her and Sherlock will ever happen because I don't think he'll be with anyone.

Hopefully Molly finds a nice guy eventually...lol Ivy, ya never know ;) I don't want her and John to get together, that would be too weird to me for some reason.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

September 25, 2012 12:43 am  #4

I agree their relationship probably has to change now somehow, but don't forget what Moftiss said about Sherlock: 'Sentimentalise him at your own peril!'

Last edited by NW16XE (September 25, 2012 12:43 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 26, 2012 12:38 am  #5

Molly and Lestrade would probably treat each other well -- and they'd have dead bodies in common. Something to talk about over dinner.

September 26, 2012 1:10 am  #6

veecee wrote:

Molly and Lestrade would probably treat each other well -- and they'd have dead bodies in common. Something to talk about over dinner.

Dead bodies and admiration for Sherlock -- two things in common!

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 27, 2012 11:13 am  #7

I hope that Molly does not change too much, it would seem unnatural to me. I also find the idea of Molly and John a bit forced, there never was any visible attraction between them, even though they spent plenty of time together.
Nonetheless, I could do with seeing her happy. Lestrade might be a bit too old for her (not sure how old she is supposed to be?), but I'm sure there are a few decent men working at the hospital 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

September 27, 2012 11:23 am  #8

I think as these two go forward in the series they both will continue to grow and their relationship change. Sherlock is learning to deal with people's personal feelings and Molly is starting to become more assertive  and less subservient and awestruck around Sherlock. I expect this to continue especially if as others speculate she has had some major role in his masterful fake death cover up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

September 28, 2012 10:49 am  #9

Good to see you,Sentimental! Haven't seen you in a while, but maybe I was just in the wrong threads 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

September 28, 2012 11:08 am  #10

saysomething wrote:

I am curious what will happen to Molly in season 3. Most likely she is Sherlock`s  ( only?) confidant in faking his suicide, the only person ( perhaps besides Mycroft) who knows all the years of his absence that he is alive dead while all his friends mourns his dead.
How will Molly react when Sherlock is back? Their relationship will clearly change. Now she "counts".
Will John forgive her?
What about episode 2 and 3 ? Will she have a own storyline, maybe even some sort of romance with Sherlock?

Somewhere here in this forum I have read the ideas - that Molly could be a female Sebastian Moran , or - that she is Mary, John`s future wife. ( "Molly" is a another form of "Mary"?)
I really like the idea of John and Mary as a couple. It would be really tragically when (if) she would die ( by childbirth or another cause.) Someone who is really established in the series, whom most viewers like - much, much more tragically as some unknown faceless Mary-Morstan-girl appearing only in episode 1.

She may have had a part to play in the suicide but confidante? I'm not sure Sherlock would go that far.
And to use his words 'she's always counted' ...... so I don't really think there will be any change in their dealings with each other. Many a good series is written with certain relationships always being the same, a standard that can be relied upon.  Sometimes it's an amusing component to have.

I don't see Molly having a 'bigger' part in the stories; she is what she is & people like the character as just that.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 28, 2012 11:30 am  #11

hypergreenfrog wrote:

Good to see you,Sentimental! Haven't seen you in a while, but maybe I was just in the wrong threads 

Hi HGF! Hug. I have not been around as much lately due to work. But I expect to post more going forward. Can't stay away from my favorite place Missed you too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

September 29, 2012 4:40 am  #12

You're not going to like me for saying this.

I think Molly is not what she seems to be. I think she is Jim's sister. Just like Sherlock assumed "Harry" was a man in "Pink" .

Why? Notice how the two characters resemble each other physically? Watch the Jim from IT scene again. Watch body language, facial expression... they're like the two evil twins. "Hansel and Gretel". That sparked the association in my head to I.O.U, poison apple, revenge ... . Another association "gangster's moll".

The writers constantly play with duality and reality--just like I think Irene is not what she appears to be. When Sherlock spoke to Molly last in the lab ... no one knows what he really said to her. He may have been about to tell her something with regret, not need or sadness,  And also-what a strange thing to say to someone... you remind me of my father just before he died (Oh REALLY?)

And who made Moriarty's phone ring (call or text) on the roof, just before his suicide? Sherlock looked truly shocked and horrified when he blew his head off (btw, I think Moriarty IS dead... that was brain matter in the blood).

Then again--I could be wrong. I still don't know how Sherlock survived the jump.

Last edited by MaggieM (September 29, 2012 5:19 am)

September 29, 2012 10:33 am  #13

I think I would like to see Molly get over her crush a bit, and be more of a friend to him-- while still being Molly, of course. My favourite moment with her is from ASiP, when he gives her his coffee order and she squeeks, 'okay,' with that look on her face. Priceless.

September 29, 2012 9:16 pm  #14

MaggieM wrote:

You're not going to like me for saying this.

I think Molly is not what she seems to be. I think she is Jim's sister. Just like Sherlock assumed "Harry" was a man in "Pink" .

Why? Notice how the two characters resemble each other physically? Watch the Jim from IT scene again. Watch body language, facial expression... they're like the two evil twins. "Hansel and Gretel". That sparked the association in my head to I.O.U, poison apple, revenge ... . Another association "gangster's moll".

The writers constantly play with duality and reality--just like I think Irene is not what she appears to be. When Sherlock spoke to Molly last in the lab ... no one knows what he really said to her. He may have been about to tell her something with regret, not need or sadness,  And also-what a strange thing to say to someone... you remind me of my father just before he died (Oh REALLY?)

And who made Moriarty's phone ring (call or text) on the roof, just before his suicide? Sherlock looked truly shocked and horrified when he blew his head off (btw, I think Moriarty IS dead... that was brain matter in the blood).

Then again--I could be wrong. I still don't know how Sherlock survived the jump.

Hello, MaggieM,

I m finding / I find your ideas very fascinating! That Molly is more as she seems to be ...
I like Molly very very much and would be pleased if she will playing a mayor role in season 3 as John`s / Sherlock´s close friend or their enemy!

October 1, 2012 8:16 pm  #15

NW16XE wrote:

I think I would like to see Molly get over her crush a bit, and be more of a friend to him-- while still being Molly, of course. My favourite moment with her is from ASiP, when he gives her his coffee order and she squeeks, 'okay,' with that look on her face. Priceless.

Totally agree, I would like to see her move on from her crush on Sherlock.

MaggieM - Ooooh very interesting! Never would have thought of that. As for his phone ringing on the rooftop though - he could have just been playing the song, nobody had to call him.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

October 1, 2012 8:40 pm  #16

Sam wrote:

As for his phone ringing on the rooftop though - he could have just been playing the song, nobody had to call him.

Also my thoughts at the scene - he was playing it, as an intro for the final problem.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 4, 2012 10:35 pm  #17

hypergreenfrog wrote:

I was thinking the same thing.

December 3, 2012 10:17 pm  #18

saysomething wrote:

( "Molly" is a another form of "Mary"?)
I really like the idea of John and Mary as a couple. It would be really tragically when (if) she would die.

Yes 'Molly' is another form of 'Mary.'

And they (the writers) do so love killing/maiming main characters. It would be one way of them getting their 'fix' for Series 3.

Sherlock also means 'blond'... I just find it amusing calling one of the world's most intelligent characters 'blond' (although I am well aware there was no such connotation to the word when the canon was written.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

May 28, 2013 10:37 am  #19

I'd love to see Molly become a pathologist called to crime scenes then see her back in the lab with Sherlock helping him on the case. I'm hoping she has found an inner strength of character which will shine through.

I'd also love to see my Sherlolly ship set sail but I don't hold out much hope for that.

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

Board footera