BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 16, 2012 1:27 am  #1

The Creative Arts Emmy Awards

The Creative Arts Prime Time Emmy's are underway; here's a list so far of winners- These are basically the 'arty behind the scenes' awards so I won't go to too much trouble listing these.

Casting in a Drama Series | Homeland (Showtime)
Casting For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Special | Game Change (HBO)
Casting For A Comedy Series | Girls (HBO)
etc.....

These are NOT the PRIMETIME EMMYS; they are done on 23rd Sept.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 16, 2012 1:42 am  #2

Re: The Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Here is the full list of Sherlock nominations :

Outstanding Miniseries or Movie
Sherlock: A Scandal in Belgravia                                             Prime Time Awards next week

Outstanding Lead Actor In A Miniseries Or A Movie
Sherlock: A Scandal in Belgravia
Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes                             Prime Time Awards next week

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Miniseries Or A Movie
Martin Freeman as Dr. John Watson                                       Prime Time Awards next week

Outstanding Directing For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Dramatic Special
Paul McGuigan                                                                   Prime Time Awards next week

Outstanding Writing for a Miniseries, Movie or a Dramatic Special
Steven Moffat                                                                     Prime Time Awards next week

Outstanding Art Direction For A Miniseries Or Movie
Arwel Wyn Jones, Production Designer
Dafydd Shurmer, Art Director
Joelle Rumbelow, Set Decorator                                   MISSED OUT ON THIS ONE Winners - Great Expectations

Outstanding Casting For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Special
Kate Rhodes James, CDG                                      MISSED OUT ON THIS ONE Winners - Game Change

Outstanding Cinematography For A Miniseries Or Movie
Fabian Wagner, Director of Photography                  MISSED OUT ON THIS ONE Winners - Great Expectations

Outstanding Costumes For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Special
Sarah Arthur, Costume Designer
Ceri Walford, Costume Supervisor                           MISSED OUT ON THIS ONE Winners - Great Expectations

Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Miniseries Or A Movie
Charlie Phillips, Editor                                              MISSED OUT ON THIS ONE Winners - Hatfields & Mc Coys

Outstanding Music Composition For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Special
David Arnold, Music
Michael Price, Music                                                MISSED OUT ON THIS ONE - Winners Hemmingway & Gellhorn

Outstanding Sound Editing For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Special
Jeremy Child, Sound Effects Editor
Doug Sinclair, Supervising Sound Editor                        MISSED OUT ON THIS ONE- Winners Hemmingway & Gellhorn

Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Miniseries Or A Movie
Howard Bargroff, Dubbing Mixer                                         MISSED OUT ON THIS ONE- Winners Hemmingway & Gellhorn

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 16, 2012 2:22 am  #3

Fingers crossed for next week it seems.
*sighs*

Good effort being nominated though.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

September 16, 2012 3:12 am  #4

I just read the list online of all the Creative Arts Emmy winners--very disappointed Sherlock didn't win anything.  Would like to be hopeful for next week but I don't think this bodes well. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

September 16, 2012 7:19 am  #5

They always like a bit of Charles Dickens...don't they!

Fingers crossed but not overly optimistic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 16, 2012 2:08 pm  #6

Davina wrote:

Yup!  Plus, all those period shows support many Americans' idealized view of England.  Sherlock doesn't fit into that so perhaps it's harder for some people to "get" it.  OTOH, Sherlock is a very creative and well-acted show, which Hollywood does sometimes reward.  So I'll probably watch the Emmy Awards show next week because at least this year, it won't be dull and boring.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 16, 2012 4:18 pm  #7

Saw it online earlier today 

I'm realistic (some would call it pessimistic) for the next Sunday.

I wonder if there will be a Sherlock presence at all?! I hope at least Sue and Steven will go. I guess Benedict and Martin are working and Mark already has "55 days" rehearsals.

Since it's not on free TV anymore here in Germany I can't watch it anyway.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 16, 2012 5:50 pm  #8

Paul McGuigan is going, I think, he tweeted that it might get him out of babysitting duties.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 16, 2012 6:29 pm  #9

Doesn't he live in L.A. anyway?

----------

September 16, 2012 6:36 pm  #10

Ah, they've got to win at least one Prime Time Emmy!

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

September 16, 2012 8:55 pm  #11

He's defintely living in L.A. at the moment.

September 17, 2012 5:27 am  #12

I  heard that Both Ben And Martin WILL be there but I don't recall the source. this will be a good reason for me to watch the red carpet arrivals.   I  don't,  usually,  but for Ben  and Martin,  I will.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 17, 2012 7:32 am  #13

That would be great. Maybe they'll go together.

----------

September 17, 2012 8:41 pm  #14

sherlockskitty wrote:

I  heard that Both Ben And Martin WILL be there but I don't recall the source. this will be a good reason for me to watch the red carpet arrivals.   I  don't,  usually,  but for Ben  and Martin,  I will.

I will be watching for them too (assuming they are going).

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

September 18, 2012 12:18 pm  #15

Charlie Phillips is on his way to the awards too. His Twitter tells me sooooo!
Looking at their accounts again I think they were there for the Craft Awards LAST Saturday.

Last edited by Davina (September 18, 2012 7:27 pm)

September 18, 2012 11:35 pm  #16

Ivy wrote:

Handcuffed together!   

September 18, 2012 11:59 pm  #17

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

Davina wrote:

Yup!  Plus, all those period shows support many Americans' idealized view of England.  Sherlock doesn't fit into that so perhaps it's harder for some people to "get" it.  OTOH, Sherlock is a very creative and well-acted show, which Hollywood does sometimes reward.  So I'll probably watch the Emmy Awards show next week because at least this year, it won't be dull and boring.   

Totally prefer the Sherlock view of England. Great Expectations (the show) was weird, boring, and slow, in my opinion. I'm sure the book (as usual) is far better. I'll get to it eventually.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 19, 2012 7:03 am  #18

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

Ivy wrote:

Handcuffed together!   

Someone asked Amanda via Twitter if she and Martin will attend the Emmys. If yes, then Ben needs a date!

The competition in Bens and Martins category is top-class, unfortunately.

----------

September 21, 2012 12:23 am  #19

Do they telecast the Emmys in Europe and Australia. Do you ladies get to see them?

Disguise is always a self portrait

September 21, 2012 7:02 am  #20

Until 2008 or 2009 we could see them in free TV here in Germany, now they are on pay TV channel TNT. 
I wouldn't watch them live anyway, but record them, the Emmys are usually boring, so you can fast-forward the show.

But I've seen uploads from last year, so if something good happens this year  , there's a chance to watch them later online.

----------

Board footera