BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 14, 2012 11:59 am  #1

Psychopaths- some new findings

Was Moriarty a psychopath? Sherlock maintains he is not a psychopath 'do your homework' but a 'high functioning sociopath'. Anyhow here is a bit of surprising research about psychopaths.

www.queensu.ca/news/articles/psychopaths-may-not-suffer-mental-disorder

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 14, 2012 8:31 pm  #2

Re: Psychopaths- some new findings

Nice find The thought of psychopathy not being a mental illness is interesting. Especially since I'm studying mental disorders at the moment. I don't truly agree with the article though - I don't think hurting people (in many forms) is "functioning well in society". I do like the notion that they should be held more responsible for their crimes though, heh.

Moriarty definitely seems like a psychopath to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

September 15, 2012 9:09 am  #3

Yeah, he's definitely a psychopath. And it kind of fits his analysis, because he's definitely in control of what he's doing, despite being insane. He chooses his own actions and understands their consequences.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 13, 2015 11:57 am  #4

I know we're not given much, but if anyone has speculated on John's life enough to produce some kind of chronology (if he was born in 1971, like Martin Freeman, when would he have been at various places in his education? How long could he have possibly been in Afghanistan?) it would be much better than anything I am likely to come up with. I'll credit you in my fanfiction, you lucky devil, you.  

kaleem

March 13, 2015 12:02 pm  #5

Gulu22 wrote:

I know we're not given much, but if anyone has speculated on John's life enough to produce some kind of chronology (if he was born in 1971, like Martin Freeman, when would he have been at various places in his education? How long could he have possibly been in Afghanistan?) it would be much better than anything I am likely to come up with. I'll credit you in my fanfiction, you lucky devil, you.  

Have a look here.

http://wellingtongoose.tumblr.com/semantics

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

Board footera