BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 11, 2012 9:14 pm  #1

Ian Hallard

Ian plays the part of Mr. Crayhill the barrister in The Reichenbach Fall. He also happens to be married to Mark Gatiss in real life. A talented actor with a strong musical theatre background you can find out much more about his professional career through this link:

www.castingcallpro.com/uk/view.php?uid=56177

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 11, 2012 11:56 pm  #2

Re: Ian Hallard

Oooh I didn't know that was Ian!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

September 12, 2012 7:16 am  #3

He also has a youtube and twitter account, if someone is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ianhallard?feature=CAQQwRs%3D
https://twitter.com/IanHallard

He has a lovely voice.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 12, 2012 10:02 am  #4

Ian is soon to be in a theatre play " Scenes from an Execution"

by Howard Barker

Fiona Shaw takes the role of artist Galactia in a major new production of the darkly humorous and provocative play.

Here is a link to the info for those lucky enough to possibly check it out: http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/shows/scenes-from-an-execution?play=1

He also asked on Twitter whether we like the beard or not.Certainly matures his look! (he's the one in the middle in case you wondered)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 18, 2012 9:12 am  #5

He is as bad as Mark!!!

Last edited by Ivy (September 18, 2012 9:13 am)

----------

September 18, 2012 10:06 am  #6

I like the suggestion to collapse! Lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 18, 2012 10:59 am  #7

Davina wrote:

I like the suggestion to collapse! Lol

I wonder what "very soon" means!

Last edited by Ivy (September 18, 2012 11:00 am)

----------

September 18, 2012 12:07 pm  #8

Thanks for posting this, following Ian now. Don't want to miss the big news. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 18, 2012 2:54 pm  #9

Good idea, I'm already a Mark follower.

----------

September 18, 2012 11:29 pm  #10

Ivy wrote:

He is as bad as Mark!!!

Augh! Rude!

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 19, 2012 7:05 am  #11

They are together for over a decade, so no wonder! I'm sure Mark told him to post that! Bastard! 

----------

September 19, 2012 8:31 pm  #12

Ian now says that the news will hopefully be by the end of the week.

Last edited by Davina (September 19, 2012 8:31 pm)

September 19, 2012 8:45 pm  #13

This is really exciting. Knowing Mark we're in for some surprise. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 23, 2012 3:10 pm  #14

He now says the end of next week!

September 28, 2012 10:37 am  #15

Now I'm indeed curious:

24 Sep

Ian Hallard ‪@IanHallard‬
‪@Push_to_Shove‬ Series 3 is indeed happening but it's nothing to do with November's news.

September 28, 2012 11:11 am  #16

I saw that. I was wondering whether it might, just possibly, be some casting news?

September 28, 2012 11:18 am  #17

Then that would be about Series 3; which he is suggesting is NOT the subject of his news.

Could be appearances or some other kind of promotional thing.

OR the best thing would be .., ..... nahh that'd be too good, I won't say that one .......

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 28, 2012 11:41 am  #18

Someone on tumblr said this:

“November  makes me think - Children In Need? I can’t think of anything else that would fit as well.

They could easily do a 5 minute scripted thing - or maybe offer a trip to the set/filming as a sort of raffle prize?

(Though please not an auction - those so called “money-can’t-buy  auction things where stuff goes for thousands are great for the charity, true, but frustratingly unachievable for ordinary fans.)

----------

October 8, 2012 1:26 pm  #19

Ian has said on Twitter that the news will be really soon. He's just waiting for things to be officially confirmed.

October 15, 2012 5:12 pm  #20

Ian tweeted 3 hours ago:

Sunday 11 November. 3 pm. London. Official announcement to come this week and tickets will go on sale too. #thegameison

----------

Board footera